Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Best 40k purchase ever?
Old 28 Jun 2010, 18:00   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to big_ben100
Default Best 40k purchase ever?

Kinda jumping on the bandwagon of best/worst purchase threads here :P but i was thinking, and I'd love to know everyone's favourite purchase. It could be for any reason; price, coolness, fluff. ANYTHING
[hr]
Just one thing though guys, don't slag off units/models/kits and respect other people's choices. Give a counter argument, don't flame 0

Korith signing off.

The might of the Empire bears down on you...

Quote- Rafe: Thanks to the miracle of photoshop, there's more than her legs on the internet
big_ben100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2010, 18:06   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Best 40k purcahse ever?

For the value? Probably GW's Tactical Backpack. Boring but certainly true.

In terms of models it is harder to say. All of my favorite units were cobbled together from multiple purchases. But apart from what I have converted my top choice would have to be the Forge World Biker Warboss.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2010, 18:18   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

To start my white scars army I bought 3 boxes of ravenwing, which costed much less than buying 18 regular bikes alone, plus the ravenwing boxes came with landspeeders and attack bikes! Plus several sprews of dark angel bits and 6 assault cannons for the three landspeeders.

To top things off, after doing a sprue count GW had accidently put in one additional bike so hip hip hoorah! One week later and I was already playing 1500pts with my new white scars and only 600$ poorer
wererat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2010, 20:54   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The Necron Phalanx box probably wins for me. After that it would be the out of print Necron models that I've been picking up. I found destroyers for cheaper than the current ones, and I've been using the old Warriors (the Raiders) as Immortals, which also happens to be nicer to the wallet.
Zeeblee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2010, 00:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to HijiriOni Send a message via MSN to HijiriOni Send a message via Yahoo to HijiriOni
Default Re: Best 40k purchase ever?

My best model purchase was Wobba. My first dreadnought. A Furioso Dreadnought with a terrible paint job. Got it for 3$, chipped alot of the paint off then named it Wobba because it looked stupid with half it's paint stripped. Then he rampaged across battlefields, usually dying in turn 1 or 2. This was back before Blood Angels had drop pods. He was very famous around my local gaming group for his tactic of "Move forward 6 inches, die" and only survived 2 battles in the years I used him.

Lost all my models years ago during moves, including Wobba, it was very sad as I had to buy a new model and repaint it.
Old 29 Jun 2010, 00:46   #6 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Lizardmen's Kroq-Gar How can you not love a Dinosaur rising on another Dinosaur?
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2010, 01:09   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Multiple times I've obtained massive amounts of stuff for way less than normal. First time was a guy that badly needed rent money, and sold me about 3-4000 points of Tau for 400 bucks.

The most recent purchase was a friend going to the marines and he really needed to get rid of his 40k, fantasy, and warmachine stuff. I got an estimated $2000 worth of stuff for $500. I got $500 worth of codex/rulebooks alone, an ork army, a necron army, lizard men, eldar, space marines, dark angels, black templar, ogres, and so much more stuff. So good of a deal I almost felt bad...almost
Ekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2010, 02:51   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

I think the nobz box is the best thing I've bought from GW. There are so many good bits in that box, and then you use the AOBR nobz to make a ton more on the cheap.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2010, 14:18   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Ork Megaforce.

Even managed to make a KFF mek out of the spare pieces.

- Will
Old 29 Jun 2010, 15:49   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to DarkKnightCuron Send a message via MSN to DarkKnightCuron

To be honest, its a tie between the Grey Knight Terminator Box Set and the Sternguard Veteran Box set. Both sets of models are absolutely awesome, and their miniatures are highly detailed.