Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

First Skitarii Done
Old 25 May 2010, 21:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default First Skitarii Done

Okay My first skitarii Sergeant is done (IG laspistol arm and right arm. Space wolves power armor Body (back), Land Raider commander head and front chest, and IG legs) Pictures tonight by the way.

So I have the first sergeant done. I want to make alot more and make a skitarrii army but I don't know which army book to use. I could use the Space marines book and use scouts or One of the inquisitorial armies and use Strom troopers.

I don't want to use IG as these aren't the basic Inducted IG skitairi these are the ad-mech guard "we have bionic implants up the wazoo" kind of skitarii. Bascially they are the praetorians of modern fluff. (not the amazing British style that wes has.) but the ones who are more machine than man.

My question is what do you guys think?
SunTzusProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2010, 01:06   #2 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: First Skitarii Done

Imperial Guard. Duh! Skitarii, though the elite and well-equipped army under the Adeptus Mechanicus, is still pretty much human despite the bionics they are installed with. The only real difference between the Skitarii and Imperial Guard is that the Skitarii have more access to specialized equipment such as bionics, Hellguns, Carapace Armor, Plasma Guns, Meltaguns, Melta Bombs etc. In summary, they're the equivalent of the Imperial Guard Storm Troopers but they're in the millions and are under the Adeptus Mechanicus. Praetorians can be easily counted as an Ogryn since the Praetorians have the same constitution as them as well as being able to take a massive beating and still march through torrents of fire.

Also the Adeptus Mechanicus can readily arm them with the tanks of the Imperial Guard but much better. Leman Russes are one of the most powerful tanks of the Imperial Guard so it only reasons that the Mechanicus would use them. But since Skitarii have the best, their Leman Russ would have actual targeting systems alongside with whatever electronics and would enhance the Leman Russ's performance (except when it comes to speed). Same goes with other vehicles; Chimeras, Hellhounds, Sentinels etc. Other stuff like Ordinatus can't be represented by the current rule set of 40K unless you play Apocalypse.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2010, 02:04   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Imperial Guard. Duh! Skitarii, though the elite and well-equipped army under the Adeptus Mechanicus, is still pretty much human despite the bionics they are installed with. The only real difference between the Skitarii and Imperial Guard is that the Skitarii have more access to specialized equipment such as bionics, Hellguns, Carapace Armor, Plasma Guns, Meltaguns, Melta Bombs etc. In summary, they're the equivalent of the Imperial Guard Storm Troopers but they're in the millions and are under the Adeptus Mechanicus. Praetorians can be easily counted as an Ogryn since the Praetorians have the same constitution as them as well as being able to take a massive beating and still march through torrents of fire.
actually while correct in some senses the Skitarii I'm making are the more elite kind the ones described as between a strom trooper and space marine. So Strictly guard won't do. They have the genetic and bionic modifications. So I'm thinking a space marine scout army. or one of the inquisitorail armies to get the SS as troops and use terminators (as the big enhanced machine praetorians)

also space marines better simulate the the heavy weapons of the Praetorians in devistator squads and the heavy walkers they have (drednaughts)

Besides I already have a gaurd army.

reason I'm having trouble deciding is that space marines would push the WYSIWYG. Inquisitorial on the other hand is closer. Has access to dreds and true Strom Troopers which are a pretty good representation

Quote:
Other stuff like Ordinatus can't be represented by the current rule set of 40K unless you play Apocalypse.
Deathstrike? might be a bit small for ordinatus though.

Old 26 May 2010, 02:55   #4 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Quote:
actually while correct in some senses the Skitarii I'm making are the more elite kind the ones described as between a strom trooper and space marine. So Strictly guard won't do. They have the genetic and bionic modifications. So I'm thinking a space marine scout army. or one of the inquisitorail armies to get the SS as troops and use terminators (as the big enhanced machine praetorians)
Yeah, I know but I'm a little skeptical and cautious when people push it to the limits. Their Elites maybe between a Storm Trooper and a Space Marine but I don't think their bionics can go that far unless they actually increase in size and weight, and that would interfere how they will perform. Space Marines are the creation of the Emperor and the Emperor is the combination of Alexander the Greater, Genghis Khan, Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawkins multiply by a billion. Even the Adeptus Mechanicus can't copy what the Emperor has done.

Quote:
Deathstrike? might be a bit small for ordinatus though.
The 5th Edition Codex: Imperial Guard's representation of the Deathstrike is pitiful compared to what the Ordinatus can field in fluff. Their machines can destroy an entire city in one go. They're using Titan weaponry FFS.
Old 26 May 2010, 03:20   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Well to be fair to the deathstrike in the fluff IT can take down cities (nukes, vortex bombs) for some reason the one in the IG codex just decided to take a micro payload.... like how the manticore just didn't bring those massive ap 2 missiles and decided to go with cluster bombs....
Old 26 May 2010, 03:21   #6 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Ordinatus does use Deathstrike Missiles. It's just that they launch multiples of them in rapid succession.