Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

battle missions experience
Old 19 May 2010, 15:58   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default battle missions experience

So the battle missions book has been out for a while now and I wanted to see what everyones thought of it so far.

To date I've played several random missions and they have all turned out great. Has anyone tried the specific missions to their armies or even the special character fight? How did those turn out?
wererat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2010, 16:29   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: battle missions experience

I have been playing Kill Team, and I'm hooked. Having tried to play the older version of this: 40K in 40 Minutes, I am happy with the new version. I strongly suggest everyone try this mission out, you may like it as much as I.
Dreamshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2010, 16:37   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to jonnyp

I do enjoy the new kill team, but as for the rest of the missions ive found that most of them are hit or miss.
jonnyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2010, 17:35   #4 (permalink)
Nox
Shas'Vre

I've played three of the missions now and I've enjoyed all of them. My group is using the 1-3 core book, 4-5 race mission, 6 any random mission, option so that we never know what kind of mission we will get.
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2010, 19:00   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

I've really enjoyed Battle Missions so far. I haven't played Kill-Team, but I enjoy rolling the 'D66' method for getting a mission - it's made for some awesome games, like Space Wolves 'WAAAGH'ing a Tyranid army, or White Scars surrounding my Tyranids in the middle of the board. Pretty much any one of the missions can work for any army and it's especially fun when the normal roles are reversed.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2010, 19:28   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I can personally vouch for all the "Special Missions". Kill-team is awesome, Clash of Heroes is fun, and the Baneblade one is simply the most fun experience I've ever had playing 40k.

I have yet to try any of the real missions yet, but some of them look pretty cool.
Old 20 May 2010, 03:23   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

We've been playing them lately and I really enjoy them. Some can be a bit average though, I like the missions that change more then just the deployment situations.

We've been playing the missions for our particular races though, so we might need to start mixing things up.

The Dark Eldar Missions look particularly cool.

I haven't tried the new Kill-Team yet, mainly because I heard it wasn't like the old one, and I loved the old one. I might give it a try now though.
lemon-green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2010, 04:03   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Played the CSM Black Crusade mission the other day, and enjoyed it. The special rules really did change the way the game flowed, and how I played it. I think the missions will force people to use their armies differently, which can be a good thing. I'll post up a batrep once I get the pictures downloaded off my camera. I want to read about some of your battles too.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2010, 12:38   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

I've been playing them for the past month or so weekly at the LGS and really enjoying them. Even the ones with the slight modifications can really alter how the game plays out. I find the missions really test your list by putting you in situations you hadn't planned for. So far I haven't played a mission I haven't liked.