Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Main Armys
Closed Thread
Old 18 Jul 2005, 22:54   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Main Armys

I noticed that a lot of armys have a main army(clan,chapter, regiment, sept,craftworld). Ultramarines, Cadian 8th, Goff clan, etc. Write here to discuss this, and site examples of different armys(clans, etc.) in an army that you have faced or play, that's tactical doctirine is geared toward fluff, that you liked.

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 19 Jul 2005, 08:10   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Main Armys

I love the steel legion, its the coolness of WW2 Germany but without the lameness of genocide....of the jews....orks dont count....do they?

Fluffwise, my tau army is the long arm of air caste. Once and a while the air caste is in need of some force, but dedicating a firecaste force for the sole convience of the Air caste was silly. So the air caste made its own force.

To fit that style I have a high suit count and only the bare minimum for troops, a strike force from a smaller ship is going to be elite sqauds, not masses of FWs.
Old 19 Jul 2005, 13:16   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Main Armys

I think, as far as IG goes, I adore steel legion and Valhallans, simply because of thier look, and strengths. SL is good at open field warfare, where thier chimeras can speed to the enemy. Thier models are really cool too. Valhallans are great, because its a very shooty army. It is all about mortars and artillary. Then they throw thier troopers in, and they mop up the rest. Tallarns are also good, they don't have many elite troops, but they themselves can be considered elite in desert warfare. I did face a catachan army that was tankheavy, and I didn't really appreciate it. The fluff implys that jungle fighters sneak, they don't rumble through.

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Closed Thread