Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Kudos to GW customer service.
Old 01 Apr 2010, 22:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Kudos to GW customer service.

I was in the last stages of putting together a Land Raider, when I started to get ready to assemble the sponsons. I noticed one of the mounts for the Lascannons was bulged and the tab for the lascannon opposite of the bulge was busted off. The box is in great shape and I've never crushed it, plus all the other parts on the sprue are untouched so I figured it looks pretty much like a assemly line screw-up. I took pictures and emailed GW to see if I could get just the one piece I needed and they had me call direct to get some production numbers off the box. I would have guessed at most they would have sent me the sprue section at most but 'lo and behold a whole freakin Land Raider! Even though they may not be incredibly forthcomming with eratta and updates for outdated codexs, at least they stand behind thier products well.

I should change my name to Number 1. Not because I'm conceited but because thats what I always roll at inopportune moments.

Link to my Terrain Table Article http://tauonline.org/?content=browse...ry&article=619
AndyinUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Apr 2010, 23:11   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Kudos to GW customer service.

I once ordered on GW's website, and when I got my order delivered, I noticed that there were 6 sprues that I did NOT order. They were the 2 rhino sprues, making 3 rhinos total. Emailed them and asked about it, and the reponse I got amounted to "Oops, our bad, keep them!"
3 free rhinos!
Old 02 Apr 2010, 01:21   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

There we go, theres the sales plan they need. Randomize extra stuff in their orders and get people chancing the cost with extra goodies every so amount of orders, they tell their friends and BAM!

Im sure an accountant can make a way for that to happen!
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Apr 2010, 04:39   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I have had good customer service as well.

WT
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Wolf-Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Apr 2010, 16:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Forge World treated me awsome as well.
I ordered a Dreadnought CC Left arm with an Autocannon Right Arm. Well when I opened up the package they sent me a CC right arm. Obviously I couldn't use it and called them and told them the mix up in the order. They sent priority mail the CC left arm, over the Christmas season for free!
So I have a Dreadnought CC right arm if anyone is interested :
Old 05 Apr 2010, 16:49   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to big_ben100

Interested much.

I once got a free land speeder because a head for the gunner was missing! The store manager noticed and gave me another box

The might of the Empire bears down on you...

Quote- Rafe: Thanks to the miracle of photoshop, there's more than her legs on the internet
big_ben100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Apr 2010, 06:46   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

GW customer service has always been a hit and miss with me, (in-store) 1 stores out of the 3 in my area has one major douche who owns the store and then the other two seem to always never have a opinion (What is with that?), not to meantion some of the dumbest rules. For example I couldn't use 1 single (normal)SM in my scout squad to count as it's Sergent because it was in power armour, no one beside the store owner had a problem with that.

In another store I asked if WoTR was better than LoTR in their opinion as I use to play LoTR, and all I got from all of them was they are both good. Honestly? How insight...

I know this sounds like a rant, but why can't GW staff just say when they think stuff is overpriced, when they think a model looks terrible or if a new game is better or worse than it's predecessor.

Yea I know it's just little things but when I go in I don't feel like I can talk to any of the staff there properly as it seems like if they say what they want to say they'll get fired. Is any other country the same as mine (Australia) or do other Australians think that I am going a little to far with my complaints?
ImperialScum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Apr 2010, 07:22   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodAngelsFever
...some of the dumbest rules. For example I couldn't use 1 single (normal)SM in my scout squad to count as it's Sergent because it was in power armour, no one beside the store owner had a problem with that.
I remember that! That was in your game against me :P Honestly, its not like we are using dice for drop-pods (which someone used against me, and used the small size of the dice to his advantage) or empty boxes as rhinos.

I find that i struggle to have a good conversation with the GW staff just because they are stubborn on their decisions and opinions. THey tell me "hey mr dark eldar player you should buy scourges. Put scourges with dark lances and nobody would want a vehicle within 36'' of them." I'm like "well until you shot a few shots at the T3 Ar5+ critters, and the fact taht the squad he was mentioning costed 260 points for 4 dark lances! I could get 2 ravagers and a raider (7 darklances on fast vehicles) for that price!

Yesterday i went and bought some firewarriors and told one of my mates i saw there that they were going to be my ethereals honor guard, and a gw staff member said "BS4 warriors are good because it only takes 1 markerlight to get them to BS5" and this other dopey (well stupid) guy said "Yeah, pathfinders are great. Take one squad and every unit has BS5, and your opponent has no cover saves and negatives to morale tests" - I honestly could not be bothered to point out how wrong he was.

Quote:
Yea I know it's just little things but when I go in I don't feel like I can talk to any of the staff there properly as it seems like if they say what they want to say they'll get fired. Is any other country the same as mine (Australia) or do other Australians think that I am going a little to far with my complaints?
There was one great staff member who used to work at my LGS (until last year :'() he was just so into everything, and he said what he wanted (with some boundaries, like he didnt say that models are overpriced) but he gave good and full opinions about anything and he had good and strong lists written up if you ever wanted a game. Unfortunatly all that's left now is a part time worker who knows about as much as my dog when it comes to warhammer, a store manager who is very strict and superstitious (eg with dice he wont use someone elses, which to me hints that his dice are slightly loaded rather than him getting bad luck from other ppls dice) and the goof who exaggerates every unit's pros, and treats everyone else like they dont know anything - ''when you play Dark Eldar you have to use actual tactics like cover"

Anyway, besides that - it is the games workshop workers we cant see who run the online support, etc who have the best customer service out of any hobby that exists.

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Apr 2010, 08:06   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Zambia
Quote:
There was one great staff member who used to work at my LGS (until last year :'() he was just so into everything, and he said what he wanted (with some boundaries, like he didnt say that models are overpriced) but he gave good and full opinions about anything and he had good and strong lists written up if you ever wanted a game. Unfortunatly all that's left now is a part time worker who knows about as much as my dog when it comes to warhammer, a store manager who is very strict and superstitious (eg with dice he wont use someone elses, which to me hints that his dice are slightly loaded rather than him getting bad luck from other ppls dice) and the goof who exaggerates every unit's pros, and treats everyone else like they dont know anything - ''when you play Dark Eldar you have to use actual tactics like cover"

Anyway, besides that - it is the games workshop workers we cant see who run the online support, etc who have the best customer service out of any hobby that exists.

Lord Zambia
Out of the 3 stores in Adelaide I have been to 2 (Adelaide and Marion) and I have to say they have been very friendly and nice. The guys at GW Marion were happy to dive into their extensive bits box to help me replace pieces from a Tac Marine box that had warped. Plus they like a good conversion bought in.

This is the same with Maelstrom games. The IG special weapon blisters I bought off of them (6 in total) two had double melta gunnners in them. I assumed they had one plasma and one melta, and they were happy to send out two new blisters with a plasma and melta gunner. So I ended up with 4 extra Melta Gunners. Happy days.
Dangerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2010, 02:17   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

The comment about adding sprues to a box to encourage a good feeling about buying their stuff could hold some water. Its like when you were a kid and ordered a kids meal from McDonald's and the toy gave you a good feeling. That feeling is what we search for and so we buy more McDonald's or more Warhammer 40,000 boxes. But then again, accidents happen when you hand pack boxes.
Dreamshift is offline   Reply With Quote