Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Flat out and wrecked vehicles
Old 19 Mar 2010, 07:12   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to HiveFleetGoliath
Default Flat out and wrecked vehicles

If you have a vehicle that moved Flat Out last turn, and you wreck it, does the unit inside become destroyed? A unit cannot disembark if the vehicle did, or is going to move flat out, and wrecks force the models inside the disembark.
Hopefully, my country's customs don't mistake the Genestealer model as being totally made out of cocaine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
At least a 5th one, so you can launch a legal squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
shtlk, I honestly editted instead of posting a reply with a quote. Sorry, Goliath. Trying to figure out these mod abilities.
HiveFleetGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2010, 07:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Flat out and wrecked vehicles

I belive they disembark as normal during a wrecked result as it is an emergency disembarkation.
Old 19 Mar 2010, 12:11   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Pg. 67 covers the results of vehicle damage. Speed doesn't matter, you just apply the results on passengers as shown on that page.
Old 19 Mar 2010, 14:45   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor{DoH}
Pg. 67 covers the results of vehicle damage. Speed doesn't matter, you just apply the results on passengers as shown on that page.
Further, there's nothing in the fast vehicle or skimmer rules that suggest a unit inside a fast skimmer that moved flat-out is treated any differently. On pg. 66 we're told that a unit may not disembark in the same turn it embarked on a vehicle, however a unit may disembark if the vehicle is destroyed. The rule is talking specifically about being unable to disembark due to having just embarked, but it does set a precedent for being able to disembark due to a wrecked result, even though you may not have been able to voluntarily disembark in the movement phase.
I can't believe games workshop are really that unorganised. The DE codex looks like it was made back in 1970 and yet they're more worried about making sure the space marines are walking around in diamond coated power armour and shooting tyranids with sequin covered bolters
Deris87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2010, 18:16   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to HijiriOni Send a message via MSN to HijiriOni Send a message via Yahoo to HijiriOni

Wow, the last time this thread popped up i argued for these points and everyone argued against me saying that they do get destroyed because they "can't disembark" but they also said that should the vehicle explode, which specifically states the unit disembarks taking a few SX hits, I thought that created a very stupid double standard.
Old 19 Mar 2010, 18:57   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Wild

While true, the confusion arises that it states a unit cannot embark nor disembark from a vehicle that's moving flat out. However that situation occurs when it immobilizes itself during the movement phase while going flat out.
Old 19 Mar 2010, 19:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

I think they should definitely be able to disembark. For one thing, this isn't a voluntary action. These guys are either being catapulted through a windshield (if vehicles in 40k had them that is), crawling out of a mangled wreck, or miraculously surviving the whole thing simply exploding.

Also, look at it this way. If passengers were insta-jibbed when they vehicle got shot down after going full throttle, the Dark Eldar people would probably form angry mobs in the streets. Trust me folks. You don't want that.
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2010, 19:31   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Orkses would be none to pleased either.
Old 19 Mar 2010, 19:36   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Indeed. Add everyone's favourite green skinned hooligans to the mob and it gets a lot worse. A bunch of pointy eared freaks in razorblades and purple spandex was bad enough.
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2010, 22:26   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

It's one that needs to be FAQ'd. There is an inherent contradiction when a transport wrecks after moving flat out. The transport-wrecked rules say must disembark, while the transport-fast rules say can not disembark. The rules under emergency disembarkation say that is only to be used when the unit inside is forced to disembark but can not do so normally because the access points are blocked. Emergency disembarkation rules don't say anything to suggest that it's allowed at other times that regular disembarkation is not. In my opinion, RAW states that the unit is destroyed. This fails the common sense test, since the unit would survive (albeit with wounds and a pinning test) if the damage result was one worse, but there are plenty of things in 40k that don't make sense so what's one more?
knightperson is offline   Reply With Quote