Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Quick check on poisoned attacks.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 06:41   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to TipTop1987 Send a message via Yahoo to TipTop1987
Default Quick check on poisoned attacks.

So if a model as the ability to make poisoned close combat attacks, can it choose to ignore that ability if their Strength would get a better role, or do they always have to use the poison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Qualls when she saw the back packs for the Space Marine models for the first time
"There are little skulls on the back of them. That is so cute!"
(\_/) This is bunny.
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination.
TipTop1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2010, 06:44   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Wild
Default Re: Quick check on poisoned attacks.

You always go with the special I believe, but remember this, if your Str => opponent T, you get a reroll to wound.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 06:44   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TipTop1987
So if a model as the ability to make poisoned close combat attacks, can it choose to ignore that ability if their Strength would get a better role, or do they always have to use the poison.
I'm not too sure about that. I suppose its kinda like a chaos lord with a daemon weapon saying "im not going to roll for extra attacks coz i dont want to take a wound" so i would say no.

They kind of balanced it by saying if your strength is equal or greater than the victims toughness you get to reroll to wound, which would probably give you the same chance as if you were using a normal weapon.

Eg ork painboy on guardsmen
4+ to wound with rerolls
or
3+ to wound normally

Personally id prefer the rerolls :P

Hope this helped

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2010, 06:51   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Zambia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TipTop1987
I'm not too sure about that. I suppose its kinda like a chaos lord with a daemon weapon saying "im not going to roll for extra attacks coz i dont want to take a wound" so i would say no.

They kind of balanced it by saying if your strength is equal or greater than the victims toughness you get to reroll to wound, which would probably give you the same chance as if you were using a normal weapon.

Eg ork painboy on guardsmen
4+ to wound with rerolls
or
3+ to wound normally

Personally id prefer the rerolls :P

Hope this helped

Lord Zambia
Unless you're a str 6 hive tyrant re-rolling on +4. I'm sill debating on giving one Tyrant poison or not.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 06:59   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to HiveFleetGoliath

Don't. Give him Furious Charge if anything.
Hopefully, my country's customs don't mistake the Genestealer model as being totally made out of cocaine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
At least a 5th one, so you can launch a legal squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
shtlk, I honestly editted instead of posting a reply with a quote. Sorry, Goliath. Trying to figure out these mod abilities.
HiveFleetGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2010, 07:12   #6 (permalink)
PNW
Shas'Vre

Just a correction, it's not actually if S is greater than T, it's if your normal wound roll would be better than that conveyed by poison, so for things like 2+ poison attacks, you wouldn't get the reroll unless your S was 2 over their T. It just happens to work out as S greater than T since most poison works on a 4+ basis, but some things don't, so don't get confused!
Old 17 Mar 2010, 07:16   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to crazyguy832

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW
Just a correction, it's not actually if S is greater than T, it's if your normal wound roll would be better than that conveyed by poison, so for things like 2+ poison attacks, you wouldn't get the reroll unless your S was 2 over their T. It just happens to work out as S greater than T since most poison works on a 4+ basis, but some things don't, so don't get confused!
Nope. Page 42.

Quote:
In addition, if the Strength of the wielder is the same or higher than the Toughness of the victim, the wielder must re-roll failed rolls to wound in close combat.

Do It! ;D
5th edition stats (W/D/L)
Deathwing: 14/6/3
Tau: 5/0/3
Blood Angels (NEW): 10/1/3
Blood Angels (OLD): 27/5/10
Eldar: 10/0/1
Death Guard: 1/0/0
crazyguy832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2010, 07:21   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyguy832
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW
Nope. Page 42.

Quote:
In addition, if the Strength of the wielder is the same or higher than the Toughness of the victim, the wielder must re-roll failed rolls to wound in close combat.
Yer PNW, idk what edition rules you're playing :P

But yer, hive tyrant poison only really works if your sending him to attack daemons and wraithlords, otherwise no its more of a hinderance than a help :P

Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2010, 19:31   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to HijiriOni Send a message via MSN to HijiriOni Send a message via Yahoo to HijiriOni

I can't say for sure on this but I do know if you have 2 special weapons like a power fist and a force weapon you have to choose which one you use. I can only assume this would extend to a regular weapon and an irregular weapon but the same "You don't get bonus attacks" logic would apply.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 19:40   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...ok_Feb2010.pdf

3rd item on the first page, if you have a special and a regular CCW you must use the bonuses and penalties for the special weapon.
I can't believe games workshop are really that unorganised. The DE codex looks like it was made back in 1970 and yet they're more worried about making sure the space marines are walking around in diamond coated power armour and shooting tyranids with sequin covered bolters
Deris87 is offline   Reply With Quote