Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Kill team 2.1?
Old 10 Mar 2010, 01:12   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Kill team 2.1?

Well, I got battle missions today, and the new "Kill Team" is nothing remotely related to the original. It is, in fact, a piece of shit parading under the name of a classic sub-game.

As such, my roomate and I took it upon ourselves to re-do Kill Team.

Anyone else had thoughts on this topic? What to include, what should change?
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2010, 01:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Kill team 2.1?

Just one request...

POST YOUR RESULTS!!!

Please? ;D
Originally Posted by Shaman from DakkaDakka
Hoping for balance with GW is like hoping to live while playing Russian roulette with a glock.
SteelPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2010, 02:29   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

I like the new Kill-Team but it's definitely not Kill-Team. They really should have named it something else, ANYthing else. It's still fun, just definitely not the same game.

As for your situation Dra, I was playing classic Kill-Team just a few days ago. The 4th edition rules work very, very easily under 5th ed. The biggest trouble is the layout of the newest codexes; it's hard to know how many points individual models actually are. It doesn't work flawlessly but, then again, Kill-Team never was a strict rules system. It's not competitive, it's for fun, cinematic games, and the 4th ed rules still do this very well.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2010, 03:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Warpspiderman

Yeah, the new one is totally lame. It's just a really small battle. I mean, vehicles in kill-team?!?

Try to make it more like the original, with a kill-team versus the bad guys. Maybe make the alarm system a little better, and henchmen more competent.
Old 10 Mar 2010, 15:05   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Actually, the current rules for Kill Team work really well. What I dislike is that the mission is a Kill Team vs. Kill Team, rather than Kill Team vs. Brutes.

So the only thing I'd like to see are rules for one player to play as Brutes. This could be as simple as limiting the Brute player FOC to:
0-6 Troops

And requiring that they nominate one model to represent the Brute Boss, granting him IC status and a Universal Special Rule.

Ideally the Brute player should have more points than the Kill Team player (3x as much at least). Sentry rules should somehow be used as well, as the Kill Team is likely to be sneaking up on the Brutes.
Old 10 Mar 2010, 16:14   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I am actually very excited to play this Battle Mission kill team. Hopefully I'll have a chance tomorrow. I was never a fan of the original, I felt that the kill team had too easy of a time. Maybe I am more of a skirmish person, then a sneaky person.

I am excited to be able to run an army of five spawn and giving them zany special rules as well.
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2010, 11:04   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to DarkKnightCuron Send a message via MSN to DarkKnightCuron

I believe the producers of that 'Firestorm' (...or was it 'Firebase?&#39 Warhammer fanzine produced some supplemental rules for Kill team that might work very well for your project. I'd actually be very interested in helping you develop any rules for Kill Team.
Old 11 Mar 2010, 14:43   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

It's quite easy to use the 5e rules with the old KT rules. I've done that quite a bit. I got a chance to look in the book as I was quite bummed too. The new KT isn't a KT at all, it's just a small skirmish. I'll just continue to use the old rules, they're still quite fun.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2010, 06:04   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

I don't have the battle missions yet, but I've heard of this "kill teams" thing and that it involves you selecting 200 points of troops or something. A couple of months ago I actually had an idea like this, taking individual models and upgrades, and playing with them on a slightly altered version of the 5th edition rules. I was happy thinking it was original, but not its released and I really don't have much initiative to continue my project.
I do have a large portion of it saved on my computer, haven't worked on anything recently because I've been on night shift for a while. But if you wanted any of my input Dra'Tuisich-Novae I'll be more than willing to share my idea's with you.
Ekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2010, 09:50   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

The original KT rules were perfect. It's never been a problem using 5e rules with them.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote