Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

40K Fluff Q&A
Closed Thread
Old 14 Jul 2005, 07:54   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default 40K Fluff Q&A

This topic is for general questions about 40K fluff. Examples of what could go here include "Why is Warp Travel so damgerous?" or "What would happen if the Orks won at Armageddon?". Questions about rules go in the 40K Q&A.

Post away with your ponderings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 14 Jul 2005, 15:06   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: 40K Fluff Q&A

Other than whats in the codex where can i find fluff for the Tau ?

Old 14 Jul 2005, 15:21   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Why did Tanith receieve no support from the imperium when the sabbat campaign took place?
Old 14 Jul 2005, 15:35   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

It was probably so rapid non could arrive. Why do you think Gaunt could only get one off the ground.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 15:45   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: On the Outskirts of the Kindom of Daley...in other words, in a Chicago Suburb
Send a message via AIM to stealth_cat_xv88 Send a message via MSN to stealth_cat_xv88 Send a message via Yahoo to stealth_cat_xv88

Did the Tau eventually conquer Nimbosa? There are several references to the Nimbosa annexation in the Codex: Tau fluff, and also there is a story depicting Ultramarines landing and smashing aside Tau opposition on Nimbosa on the UK GW site. However, none of them give conclusive evidence one way or another. So--did the Tau eventually conquer Nimbosa?
"Strategy is finding an s-o-b whom you rank and telling him to take a place, and relieving him if he doesn't." ~General George Patton
Old 14 Jul 2005, 19:12   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Eddie

My friend read a fluff story on IG and Tau. It was basicly the IG getting slaughtered by the tau from an IG point of view. I'll try to get you the link because that might be what your talking about. But I'm not sure...

-Eddie

FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Old 14 Jul 2005, 19:19   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok

Why did hourus turn of his shields when besieging the Golden throne when he woud of killed the emporer.
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 19:29   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E
Other than whats in the codex where can i find fluff for the Tau ?
White Dwarf is your best bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raken
Why did Tanith receieve no support from the imperium when the sabbat campaign took place?
Because Tanith was behind the Imperial fleet, effectively "safe" from Chaos. Because it was a splinter-fleet that attacked the world, the Imperials were unprepared, and Tanith fell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth_cat (a.k.a. widdle pussykins)
Did the Tau eventually conquer Nimbosa?
That one I don't know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by T pok
Why did hourus turn of his shields when besieging the Golden throne when he woud of killed the emporer.
Because he knew a massive Imperial fleet was inbound, led by the Ultramarines. The Imperial defences, whilst failing, were more than strong enough to hold until the Ultramarines broke Horus' battlefleet. Horus had to end the war before then, and the only way was to kill the Emperor. Knowing he couldn't get to the Emperor, he dropped shields, and offered the Emperor a chance he could not refuse. Using himself as bait, Horus lured the Emperor onto his ship, and began a duel that would decide the fate of the universe...

Quote:
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 14 Jul 2005, 19:34   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok

Why not just blow Earth up(yes I do no because than there wouldn't be a story but really.

Why is the Imperium(?) so over religious where new things are Blasphemy???

Do people in the Imperium act just like us with sports, schools, company's and what not or is it totally militaristic?
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 19:40   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by T pok
Why not just blow Earth up(yes I do no because than there wouldn't be a story but really.
They tried, and failed. The Imperial Palace is so well fortified that is could survive months, even years of orbital bombardment. The only way to take it is from the ground.

Quote:
Why is the Imprium(?) so over religious were new things are Blasphemy???
Because of the Dark Age of Technology. Humanity was once like the Tau (eg: used flashy tech, machines did all the work, etc) but their creations became to advanced they turned on them, and humanity turned from a galaxy-spanning race of a thousand fractured empires fighting amongst themselves, or degenerating into barbarism.

Quote:
Do pepole in the Ipreum act just like us with sports schools company's and what not or is it totally militaristic?
Obviously, 40K fluff is largely focussed on killing, but it's fair to conclude that there would be leisure facilities on even the most militaristic of worlds (even soldiers need to chill out...).

Quote:
Closed Thread