Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Little Kids
Closed Thread
Old 09 Jul 2005, 14:27   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Biovore Send a message via MSN to Biovore
Default Little Kids

What have little kids done GW-wise to you that makes you angry?
Old 09 Jul 2005, 14:30   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Little Kids

Existed.

Seriously, the stores need an age limit of 16 or over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 09 Jul 2005, 14:45   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I would agree, up to a point. Some of them really aren't too bad.

~Andromidius
Old 09 Jul 2005, 14:50   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Existed.

I'm offended. I'm 13.

It should be a 13 or over limit, since 13 seems to be the age when you start to grasp philosophy.
Old 09 Jul 2005, 14:55   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Mmm...it's easy to say that when you ARE 13.

I can't really comment on your maturity, but you seem to be able to spell and use proper grammar (something many adults still fail to grasp). I would disagree on the philosophy though - that doesn't come with age. There are alot of people my age (19) or older that can barely string together a coherent senteance without either talking really slowly or using 'like' or many many swear words over and over - let alone have a philosophical debate about the meaning of life, the universe and everything.

Besides, GW makes alot of money off niave children - they'd never ban them from their stores.

~Andromidius
Old 09 Jul 2005, 15:00   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biovore
I'm offended. I'm 13.

It should be a 13 or over limit, since 13 seems to be the age when you start to grasp philosophy.
The 13 year olds who hang around in the local GW store are stupid as hell. Frankly, I'm amazed they can remember how to breathe...

...that said, most of the other people in that store would fail an IQ test, so maybe it's the fact they're from Warrington.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 09 Jul 2005, 15:09   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromidius
Mmm...it's easy to say that when you ARE 13.*

I can't really comment on your maturity, but you seem to be able to spell and use proper grammar (something many adults still fail to grasp).* I would disagree on the philosophy though - that doesn't come with age.* There are alot of people my age (19) or older that can barely string together a coherent senteance without either talking really slowly or using 'like' or many many swear words over and over - let alone have a philosophical debate about the meaning of life, the universe and everything.

Besides, GW makes alot of money off niave children - they'd never ban them from their stores.

~Andromidius
Thanks. I also dislike using leet speak, unlike my girlfriend.
Old 09 Jul 2005, 15:16   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

We must purge the heretic, the psyker, the mutant... and the small child. In all seriousness though, I don't think that we should get so pissy at little kids (except for the real yungins who can't even spell 40k) as, even though we don't like to admit it, we were that stupid too.

However there is and always will be a cut-off point for how stupid someone gets, and if the little SoB (no not Sisters of Battle) get asking a bajillion questions feel free to execute them in a timely fashion.

Old 09 Jul 2005, 15:19   #9 (permalink)
Aun'O

In my local store I don't find the smaller kids to be annoying.. An age limit wouldn't be a good idea in my opinion, maybe just have stricter staff in some GWs where little kids are a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
As I say above, I don't think this would be a good idea.. Especially not an age limit of 16+. Some smaller children are immature idiots, although most aren't.
Old 09 Jul 2005, 15:31   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

'...that said, most of the other people in that store would fail an IQ test, so maybe it's the fact they're from Warrington.'

Haha, It's all about insulting the Wire. That said I don't actually mind people from Warrington, rather that than Runcorn.

There is an age limit of 16+ (IIRC) at the Vets night.

There should definitely not be an age restriction on the regular shop though and normal gaming days. Many people get into this hobby young and it would put them off. Anyway I find with a lot of Warhammer players that If they are annoying and immature, they are annoying and immature no matter what age they are, 12 or 32.

I started playing when I was about 10-ish, I was beating so called 'mature' 'vets' of 20+ at that age, and then they would be the ones whinging, going :

'Well If I had brought [Insert any unit here] you wouldn't have stood a chance'

And being so young and not as prone to confrontation as I become in later years you just have to sigh and nod and go 'yep, well bring them along next time'.

There really is no need for age limits for the regular store gaming, Iíve also found that the really little kids are no way as loud, annoying etc as the most of the other people as they are normally quite out of their depth and keep quiet for most of the time.