Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Unkind opponents
Closed Thread
Old 05 Jul 2005, 14:13   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Biovore Send a message via MSN to Biovore
Default Unkind opponents

Have you ever played a really mean, powergaming, win-at-all costs opponent? I hope I never do. When I play, I play for the fun.
Old 05 Jul 2005, 14:19   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Farseer_Del Send a message via MSN to Farseer_Del Send a message via Yahoo to Farseer_Del
Default Re: Unkind opponents

Well, such people get rare, as few people like such people. Mind you, if you play to have fun and mess about even with a powergamer, you can smirk more than he does: He might win, but you didn't care. If you win, even better, because you didn't care, and he got what his kind deserve: a shock.
Old 05 Jul 2005, 15:43   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

This guy at my store is a real jerk. Grade A. I won't play him.

He plays Black Templars and gloats about how he has 3000+ points. He kept telling me about how many guys he took out. I just put up my BS detector and let him hear what he wants "wow, uh huh, cool, wow..." Most of the time when he talks I zone out. He's also a cheater too, when people don't look he'll place extra models on the table, Claiming they were already there. In A mega battle he place a dreadnaught. When someone questioned him he yelled that it was there. The GW guys agreed, so there was nothing I could do. However I did confront GW at the end of the game telling them to watch out for this kid.

Those kind of people really get on my nerves.
Old 05 Jul 2005, 16:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

so add more models to your force during the game also, it'll really P him off!
Old 05 Jul 2005, 17:23   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I've never faced anyone really annoying, and I hope I never do.
All the people at the store where I play are all nice.
Old 06 Jul 2005, 19:27   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydudeman
I've never faced anyone really annoying, and I hope I never do.
All the people at the store where I play are all nice.
I agree, I've never played any cheaters but I went up to this guy to ask him what Chapter he was painting, and he just looked at me like I was some kind of n00b.
Old 06 Jul 2005, 19:40   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

There was this one kid at RT who made a new list just to face me, he was cheating with the messurement and he started shouting when I said something.

And at GW there is another person, he's wrong about many of rules but he gets his friends to back him, and again, they start shouting if I want to look something up.

Is it just me or are these people usaly SM players?
Old 06 Jul 2005, 20:33   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

Well to be totally honest I find the majority of people that frequent GW shops are annoying. Loud, nerdy, hyper etc. Still you find some people that aren't like this.

I generally try to set up games with people that I know will not annoy me, you know: the people in the shop that aren't screaming, the adults that aren't whining and complaining going 'weeeell if I had my [insert anything here] I would have beaten you' (in a whiney voice that just makes you want to destroy them right there and then).

Iím not a friendly person at the best of times and I just generally cant be doing with most of the people that play in GW stores.

Still If somebody does try to cheat me, I point it out and if they start shouting etc if they didnít shut up after me asking them to I'd probably threaten to hurt them in whichever way I deem necessary as they are Warhammer players they will most probably back down (in general Warhammer players IMO being very un-confrontational when it comes to anything physical).

Of course power-gaming is wrong but I donít understand this 'winning doesn't matter' thing. Of course it does, there is a winner and a loser. Who on earth would want to be a loser? during a game I do everything (within the rules) in my power to win.
Old 06 Jul 2005, 21:29   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avor
There was this one kid at RT who made a new list just to face me, he was cheating with the messurement and he started shouting when I said something.
*grumble* The return of the know-it-all-kid....
Old 06 Jul 2005, 21:33   #10 (permalink)
UXO
Shas'La

I've only ever played within my group of friends so we don't cheat each other. We luckily have space to store all the figs and scenary and quite a large table we can play on so it is quite unnecessary to play in GW or hobby store. And I'm not afraid of a "suped-up" army, as a matter of fact, I actually quite enjoy the challenge. Sometimes we'll make an uber army and keep fighting it till we develop the tactics to defeat it. I guess when you only play the same group you know everyone's strategies and this is a way to keep things fresh.

Closed Thread