Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

'Win Boxed Warhammer' Suggestions
Closed Thread
Old 06 Oct 2009, 14:08   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default 'Win Boxed Warhammer' Suggestions

Hi there, I'm pretty new to the site, but hope I can get some good discussions going here.

Anyway, as you can see from that link in the signature, I'm currently running a Space Wolves competition. I love the idea of just giving away Warhammer, so I'm wanting to run another competition pretty sharpish. Righto, down to business, if you could have anything from the Warhammer.com website (that's under 100 British Pounds) for free, what would it be? I was thinking offering a Battleforce for Space Marines or another popular army, what do you think?

If we can reach a general consensus, I think I can work something out.

Darren
Old 06 Oct 2009, 15:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: 'Win Boxed Warhammer' Suggestions

I have always thought if i was insanely rich i wouyld offer prizes for TO competiotions!

the most popular thing would be to have a prize a long the lines of "one battleforce boxed set" something that appeals to all players as then they are more likely to enter but in a competition like best tau army then offer a race specific prize. if it is just best IG psyker then some people that eneter may not play IG but wanted to take part so a "choose your prize" would work best.

I personally would take anything IG cadian right now as my army is lacking! :P
Old 06 Oct 2009, 16:38   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Hey Unholy Harbringer, thanks for your thoughts! I guess that's one vote for an Imperial Guard Battleforce. See, I would just let the winner choose the Battleforce, but then I think I would be accused of scamming, since I wouldn't be able to show a photo.

I just realised the link in my signature was broken, I've fixed it now, so feel free to check out the competition running right now (space wolves, wooo)
Old 06 Oct 2009, 17:45   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

If you are interested in starting a relationship with the site for the purpose of sponsoring competitions in exchange for advertising an online store, I would suggest that you send an email to the admins first. We have had this relationship in the past with similar retailers. But we don't permit the creation of accounts just to advertise other sites or contests.
Old 06 Oct 2009, 17:54   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Hey Khanaris, I totally understand your concern. Don't worry though, because:

1) I'm just one guy, there's no online store, I'm not here to advertise, and I'm certainly not a retailer. I just think that Warhammer is pretty neat, so I want to get into the community!

2) I'm not just here to run competitions, though I'd like some input on the ones I do run, I'm here to learn more about the hobby. You can be sure I'll be making constructive posts around the forum just like a normal member, because I am one.
Old 07 Oct 2009, 12:41   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

You're not actually giving away warhammer out of the goodness of your heart though? ???

What you're doing is paying us to complete surveys etc. via your referral code and thus making more money from us. Unless every penny you earn is going into giving out these prizes then your ultimately just using anyone who tries to win for your own ends.

Now i'm not saying there is anything wrong in that per say, tv shows do it all the time, but don't "pretend" its just because you love giving stuff away
Old 07 Oct 2009, 13:01   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Woah, Gil Galed, that's some serious accusations you got going on there, especially when I've never said I just love giving stuff away, like you say. :P

This whole competition is only win/win for everyone involved. Like you say, I get some points back (which go into more competitions, as well as stuff for myself) but you also get the opportunity to win a load of Space Wolves for an hours or so survey-clicking. Think how long it would take to fill in all those surveys just to get the points to get what I'm offering! Too long, I should think.

Always good to question ethics/morality, so thanks for your post.

As for the next competition, I hear rumours that the Dark Eldar/Necron are getting an update soon, so I might throw some of their new models as a prize. Sound good?
Old 07 Oct 2009, 13:08   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren
Woah, Gil Galed, that's some serious accusations you got going on there, especially when I've never said I just love giving stuff away, like you say. :P

Always good to question ethics/morality, so thanks for your post.
First post: "I love the idea of just giving away Warhammer, so I'm wanting to run another competition pretty sharpish. "

Question mark?
Old 07 Oct 2009, 13:15   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
I love the idea of just giving away Warhammer, so I'm wanting to run another competition pretty sharpish.
Quote:

... :-\
Old 07 Oct 2009, 13:53   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
1) I'm just one guy, there's no online store, I'm not here to advertise, and I'm certainly not a retailer. I just think that Warhammer is pretty neat, so I want to get into the community!
Quote:
This whole competition is only win/win for everyone involved. Like you say, I get some points back (which go into more competitions, as well as stuff for myself) but you also get the opportunity to win a load of Space Wolves for an hours or so survey-clicking. Think how long it would take to fill in all those surveys just to get the points to get what I'm offering! Too long, I should think.
Sounds to me like you're selling something.
Closed Thread