Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

UK games Day help.....
Old 01 Sep 2009, 14:33   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default UK games Day help.....

I was wondering if anyone could help me with my GD question....

The website is very limited in details and I was wondering if it would be worth it to take down my 1500pts eldar army?

Also, the event starts at 10am, so what time would you reckon you need to get down there for to have first-ish access to the hobby zone... etc.

thanks,

scar.
Old 01 Sep 2009, 14:36   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: UK games Day help.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Face
The website is very limited in details and I was wondering if it would be worth it to take down my 1500pts eldar army?
It would not. The chance of playing a pickup game at Games Day is slim-to-none. The gaming side is more about themed participation games run by the various gaming clubs and GWHQ.

Remember, Games Day is NOT a tournament. It is a convention. Standard pickup games are not what to expect there, it's a showcase of arguably everything else.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2009, 14:37   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to deraj Send a message via MSN to deraj

If GD Baltimore is anything to go by, don't bother bringing an army, they have plenty there, and next to no one will be playing games with their armies, but the themed battles.

Also, getting there much more than 10 minutes early is pointless. You will still get your ticket before doors open, and being at the front of the pack is pointless. As long as you're not heading for the forgeworld table (which being in the uk, why would you?) you won't be in a massive line even if you are near the back of the pack, so even on time or a few minutes late is fine.

(sniped, thanks circus :P)
deraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2009, 23:13   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Mr.Tau

This'll be my first games day this year, I'm looking really forward to it, I was going to ask the same thing, but also I was going to ask is there anything like a sellers/trade area there? I plan to sell my 4000pt fully painted Tau army and rather than all the hassle of ebay, hoped I could off them there?

Is there a thing like that?

Also any other tips for Games Day? (I'm from the UK by the way)
Old 02 Sep 2009, 10:01   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Rayuzaki
link=topic=88133.msg1255388#msg1255388 date=1251846783]
This'll be my first games day this year, I'm looking really forward to it, I was going to ask the same thing, but also I was going to ask is there anything like a sellers/trade area there? I plan to sell my 4000pt fully painted Tau army and rather than all the hassle of ebay, hoped I could off them there?

Snap. This is my first games day and i'm from the UK as well. I don't believe there is anywhere where you can sell/trade models as I don't believe that GW would be running an area where their customers get money rather than themselves, but don't hold me to it.

cheers,

scar.
Old 02 Sep 2009, 10:07   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I went down last year and i got a game with my 1500pts of space wolves and had a good game. The only thing though is to get to the tables early to book a game.

I hope to meet you down there as we have a thread to a games day meet up.

If you want a sig like this give, Hadhfang a PM http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn162/Ushar1/Orkwarrior-1.jpg[/img]
OrkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2009, 10:09   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Face
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Rayuzaki
link=topic=88133.msg1255388#msg1255388 date=1251846783]

Snap. This is my first games day and i'm from the UK as well. I don't believe there is anywhere where you can sell/trade models as I don't believe that GW would be running an area where their customers get money rather than themselves, but don't hold me to it.

cheers,

scar.
Yeah, GW would not be happy.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2009, 17:00   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I guessed there wouldn't be since GW don't like us making money rather than giving it to them, but if you think about it if I sold them there, the money would go straight back into GW's pocket as soon as I got back to the stalls

If anyone is going to GDUK this year and wants to meet up I'd be more than happy to, looking forward to it.

I was going to ask as well, I've got a ticket for Seminar 4? Whats that about?
Old 03 Sep 2009, 06:58   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

It's a special "first-bookers" event where you get to meet games designers.... I think.
Old 03 Sep 2009, 22:45   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Awesome, I did wonder as I couldn't spot anything on the site for it, although maybe I just didn't look hard enough

Where is the thread for meet-ups as I've used the search but can't find it, possible link anyone or topic name?