Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Indian in the cupboard – 40k style
Old 21 Aug 2009, 05:09   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Indian in the cupboard – 40k style

Ok so if we haven't all seen the movie, boy has magic cupboard, if you put toys in the cupboard, lock it, unlock it and open, the toys come to life. My question. If we were to put every 40k miniature in the cupboard lock it, unlock it, then leave it, who would be the last-miniature-standing? Lets say no titans or apocalypse models, just to keep it interesting
Old 21 Aug 2009, 05:15   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Indian in the cupboard – 40k style

It's actually a book series. The film was based on the first. Just FYI.

[hr]

On Topic: Autarch. He should be skilled enough to win.
"Brothers in battle and blood, In oath and honor, In life and death, In faith and in truth. Brothers in the sight of the Emperor. So be it ever, as He-on-Terra wills. Amen." - Prayer of Initiation, Knights Revenant attr. Captain Lucius Faust, 597.M41

"'Death before dishonor.' This is our creed, our way of life and death. Bolstered by the faith of the immortal God-Emperor, we may go into battle without fear for self. We know that whatever sacrifice is made in the name of He-on-Terra is not made in vain. Our honor rests in our service to Him, and we could ask no greater reward than to rest at His side, having given our utmost in His name." -Captain Anborn Tohr, after the Siege of Hydrax III

viorlashasui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Aug 2009, 05:19   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Yep well thats my mistake, sorry about that. I may have to say something C'tan, maybe nightbringer, but that could just be cause he creeps me out.
Old 21 Aug 2009, 06:47   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterofthecourt
Yep well thats my mistake, sorry about that. I may have to say something C'tan, maybe nightbringer, but that could just be cause he creeps me out.
Add to that the fact he/she/it is a God... With a capital G for emphasis. :
shaso_montyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Aug 2009, 06:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I would say the devceiver for this reason:

The night bringer will rush forwards to attack the enemy attracting attention meaning it attracts fire eventually destroying it self. The deceiver will use illusions to hide it self and instead of attacking directly it is the one who whispers In the ear of another making them do it's without ever revealing itself.

Woot 700th post- i seem to be behind compared to most members, :-X
Old 21 Aug 2009, 10:17   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to LordZanuu

I reckon the Avatar would have a good chance, but then again, he is sort of a God too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter Master Seth
you can never go wrong with a little promethium.
Your resident MathHammerererer-er.
LordZanuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Aug 2009, 12:09   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

A fully kitted-out Carnifex can be nasty. Granted I have never seen one fight any of the C'tan, but it would be a problem for the more mundane (read: non-C'tan nor Daemon-possessed Statue) models.

"I've always loved being the center of attention, when that didn't involve incoming fire." --Ciaphas Cain, Hero of the Imperium--
O Vioanoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Aug 2009, 12:35   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Are we working on the assumption that there just plastic/metal models?

Or do they really really come to life and have the powers etc that they do in the game?

If there just plastic/metal then then an old school metal Dreadnought (the perfect dreadsock kind) would be clearing up everything else.

Otherwise, I'm not sure.

Probably The Avatar though.
lemon-green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Aug 2009, 12:54   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejivar Konj
Are we working on the assumption that there just plastic/metal models?

Or do they really really come to life and have the powers etc that they do in the game?

If there just plastic/metal then then an old school metal Dreadnought (the perfect dreadsock kind) would be clearing up everything else.

Otherwise, I'm not sure.

Probably The Avatar though.
The cupboard is supposed to make them real. So if a model is sculpted plastic depicting metal, then it will become metal. Living models will become real flesh and blood and so on.

After a brief moment of thinking, I will have to switch my vote to the C'tan. If their weakness is the warp and psychics, I think that we are all in trouble if someone brings one to life, as I am not sure a 'warp' exists in our reality. Given their ability to change shape and apparently size as well, there is an extreme possibility that if someone were to put a C'tan in the cupboard and bring it to life, it would probably doom all human life as we know it.

The Avatar could possibly kill it before it got out of hand, but how long can an Avatar last on a single sacrificed Eldar soul before it becomes inert?

"I've always loved being the center of attention, when that didn't involve incoming fire." --Ciaphas Cain, Hero of the Imperium--
O Vioanoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Aug 2009, 15:39   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

My blood angels would mop up the rest of the 40k models as a warmup, due to sheer numbers. They would then continue on to the giant pile of Brettonians, resulting in wholesale slaughter.

They'd then fire up the ridiculously large amount of vehicles, including fliers, and take over the world.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote