Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

will WH40k live?
Closed Thread
Old 24 Jun 2005, 14:16   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default will WH40k live?

just wondering what do you guys think about WH40k like will people till buy there stuff if they rase the prices or do you think people will just quit and find a new game ?

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 24 Jun 2005, 14:19   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: will WH40k live?

Yeah people will just buy offline, or find an alternate way to buy their beloved minis.
Old 24 Jun 2005, 16:39   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to skink

Most people dont undertsand that warhammer is not a product with universal appeal, and hence does not follow the simple rules you think it does. 40k isnt a luxury car, a plasma TV, or other product that 99% of the population WANTS to buy. Warhammer is a game that is collected by people who for the most part really dont mind paying the prices becuase they love the game. These people make up a very strong backbone for GW, they keep on buying and shelling out the $$. Trust me, you arent smarter than the GW marketing department. I really dont like these posts that try to forsee the end of GW just because prices have gone up a couple more bucks (like it was dirst cheap to buy before :) GW has raised prices ever since I can remember, and Ive been playning for almost seven years now. I have yet to see any less people at the store, actually more people are being lured in by the LotR game, and gettng sucked into fantasy and 40k later. GW is a very smart company, they know that pretty much everyone who is collecting right now is going to keep on buying despite the increases. Eventually most people hit a point of no return, when they have bought just enough that quitting would be a terribly wastful thing to do, and finishing up an army seems more practical given the amount of money/time already invested. These forums get clogged with "lets boycott GW", "Lets make a petition" and "GW is pricing itself out of business' type of posts every time GW decides to squeeze a little more out of its customers. These posts do nothing, and are mostly started by younger gamers who have to rely on allowance and gifts to complete an army, which isnt an ideal way to collect efficiently in the first place. If a 9% increase is enough to put you out of the game, you probably werent in the condition to start collecting in the first place. Buying from alternative sources is the best way to save on 40k, especialy if you get lucky and hit the jackpot on Ebay. Buying directly from GW means you are too lazy to look elsewhere and end up paying the price for it.

Only idiots buy direct from GW, and then they usually turn around and complain about prices.
Old 24 Jun 2005, 16:48   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

40K will die. GW continues to abuse and screw up the rules, and 40K will suffer. We can only hope they don't rape WFB, BFG, Epic and the other game systems as they are 40K...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 24 Jun 2005, 16:51   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

well i do the the hobby but with other mini game out there that a cheaper land look better like http://www.rackham-store.com/ it make u think wait what going on if this company can make better looking models and sell them for cheap then what the big deal with GW

Old 24 Jun 2005, 16:57   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by slannm
Most people dont undertsand that warhammer is not a product with universal appeal, and hence does not follow the simple rules you think it does. 40k isnt a luxury car, a plasma TV, or other product that 99% of the population WANTS to buy. Warhammer is a game that is collected by people who for the most part really dont mind paying the prices becuase they love the game. These people make up a very strong backbone for GW, they keep on buying and shelling out the $$. Trust me, you arent smarter than the GW marketing department. I really dont like these posts that try to forsee the end of GW just because prices have gone up a couple more bucks (like it was dirst cheap to buy before :) GW has raised prices ever since I can remember, and Ive been playning for almost seven years now. I have yet to see any less people at the store, actually more people are being lured in by the LotR game, and gettng sucked into fantasy and 40k later. GW is a very smart company, they know that pretty much everyone who is collecting right now is going to keep on buying despite the increases. Eventually most people hit a point of no return, when they have bought just enough that quitting would be a terribly wastful thing to do, and finishing up an army seems more practical given the amount of money/time already invested. These forums get clogged with "lets boycott GW", "Lets make a petition" and "GW is pricing itself out of business' type of posts every time GW decides to squeeze a little more out of its customers. These posts do nothing, and are mostly started by younger gamers who have to rely on allowance and gifts to complete an army, which isnt an ideal way to collect efficiently in the first place. If a 9% increase is enough to put you out of the game, you probably werent in the condition to start collecting in the first place. Buying from alternative sources is the best way to save on 40k, especialy if you get lucky and hit the jackpot on Ebay. Buying directly from GW means you are too lazy to look elsewhere and end up paying the price for it.
and i do have the money for this this is what i have if you dont belvie me

1 Aun'Shi
1 Commander O'Shovah
1 Anghkor Prok
1 XV89 CRISIS BATTLESUIT
6 crisis suits(that don't have weapons glued on)
2 crisis fire knives (glued)
1 crisis death rain (glued)
12 Stealth suits
1 1 fire warrior limited
3 Fire Warrior Team of 12
3 Kroot Carnivore Squad of 16

1 sqaut of human auxillary of 11
3 Devilfish Troop Carrier
9 Pathfinders
1 PF sha'iu
2 pathfinders with RR
4 tetra
2 piranha
27 Gun Drones
2 sheild drones
6 Kroot Hound
3 Broadside
1 Broadside with TW-PR glued
3 Hammerhead Gunship
1 TAU SKYRAY CONVERSION KIT

i got all that in 4 months so i do have money but i just think that if we are the back bone of there company then we should be treated right

Old 24 Jun 2005, 17:00   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank
i got all that in 4 months* so i do have money but i just think that if we are the back bone of there company then we should be treated right
But you aren't. You're nothing to them. They care only for your money and nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 24 Jun 2005, 17:05   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank
i got all that in 4 months so i do have money but i just think that if we are the back bone of there company then we should be treated right
But you aren't. You're nothing to them. They care only for your money and nothing else.
i know but i was tell the other guy ;D slannm

Old 24 Jun 2005, 17:19   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to skink

I'm not saying its fair or that you shouldnt be treated right, Im just saying prices arent going to go down, and most people whi complain about it are still going to keep collecting anyway. There are good alternative games like rackham and warmachine, which cost much less and have sme spectacular minis. The problem with GW's competetors is that they dont have exclusive stores in malls around the world that cater to only their product, which gives GW its edge.

Only idiots buy direct from GW, and then they usually turn around and complain about prices.
Old 24 Jun 2005, 19:04   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

They also don't have a Games Day
Closed Thread