Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Unlikely happenings
Old 11 Aug 2009, 07:07   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Unlikely happenings

Ok, we all know that the dice can never be counted upon to roll averagely, but just how far does it go? What are some of the most unlikely things that have happened to you in a game?

I had one game with my tau against chaos, where his terminator lord wouldn't die. After I'd concentrated enough fire to take out the entire rest of the squad and two of his three wounds, he decided to go immortal on me. Next turn, I had two fire warrior squads within rapidfire range with full makerlight support (BS5 all around). That turn alone he made all 20-30 of his 2+ armor saves. This continued throughout the game, but I was never able to take the last wound (all my heavy weapons got obliterated, half by the lord himself, which also made his landraider indestructible to me). That single model alone killed half my army single-handedly that day.
Old 11 Aug 2009, 07:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Unlikely happenings

As a necron player I get to enjoy a rare event...

In a 1500point battle my enemy opened fire on my necrons knocking down 23 of my men, but they all still were allowed WBB. In my turn I rolled their WBB dice and to my joy 22 of the little robots got up again.

It meant that an entire space marine army could only kill 1 necron warrior.
Old 11 Aug 2009, 07:44   #3 (permalink)
PNW
Shas'Vre

Last Thursday, big battle, Orks + Chaos Space Marines (plus me with 10 Plague Bearers ) versus Necrons + Space Marines. Devastators open up fire on a squad of Invinca-Nobs (cybork body, dok, something else maybe?) with Krak Missiles. Rolls all 5 1's for wounding, not a single Nob drops

Old 11 Aug 2009, 09:48   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW
Last Thursday, big battle, Orks + Chaos Space Marines (plus me with 10 Plague Bearers ) versus Necrons + Space Marines. Devastators open up fire on a squad of Invinca-Nobs (cybork body, dok, something else maybe?) with Krak Missiles. Rolls all 5 1's for wounding, not a single Nob drops
How did you get 5 Missile Launchers in a Devastator Squad? I thought only 4 models were allowed to have Heavy weapons?

Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2009, 09:55   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

In my last game at the UK GT heats in 2007 I charged a squad of guardsmen with a Broodlord, missed all of my attacks, got wounded three times and failed all three saves :'(

The shame :-[
cykosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2009, 09:59   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

In the last tournament i was in at a 1500 point game it was my chaos marines against necrons. Their phase out number was 15 and he had 60 total. I had 2 defilers and some nice assault squads in rhinos, and a land raider with 4 assault terminators and the despoiler, and a thousand sons squad. On turn 1 my transports made a nice distance but both of my defilers scattered, 1 went 12 minus bs 3 so 9" off the table and the other went 7" into nothing, while he bunched up his forces to try and avoid an assault. On turn 2 my defilers got in some nice shots with direct hits and the 2 defilers alone took out 18 warriors and my assault terminators took out 7 immortals, then my despoiler rolled a 6 for daemon weapon and with the 12 attacks took out a hand full and my thousand sons took out about 10 with their ap3 shots. He goes to do his WBB roll and all of them pass except for 3 since the squads were all within 6" of the lord....guess thts what he was trying, then he gunned me down, his monolith came in on his turn 2 and took out my defiler, and he wiped me out on turn 3.
rotwiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2009, 13:22   #7 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Fired a Twin-Linked Bolter from a Rhino (Chaos Space Marines) at the Rear AV of a Falcon. I successfully hit it. I successfully rolled a 6 for Armor Penetration. I rolled a 2 6's for Vehicle Damage Result (due to Holofield). The guy never ever face his Rear AV at a Bolter ever since.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2009, 13:34   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I had a squad of 14 Kroot. They assaulted three Necron wraiths and destroyed them. They then turned on a Necron Lord and a full squad of warriors and again destroyed all but the Lord who quickly (and wisely) teleported away. I took no casualties in either assault. (Yet I still lost the game.)
archer_bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2009, 14:20   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I'm playing as tau against a space marine player. I shoot a railgun at his land raider, it hits, penetrates and destroys the land raider (explodes). So I roll to wound the guys inside (11 men, commander and a tac squad) everybody but one guy is wounded (wow), he rolls his saves, ten ones and twos (ouch); and that's how a hammerhead can wipe out a land raider and a tac squad.
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2009, 16:54   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Khorne cultist squad manages to survive 100% intact and captured a table quarter despite taking a heretic's hail of bolter fire in a 1500 point game. Toughness 3! NO SAVES. My opponent was very proud of such a tie considering they took enough rounds to make them be under 50% and run away but instead decided to be invincible.
Reborners is offline   Reply With Quote