Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Planetstrike breakdown.
Old 31 Jul 2009, 14:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Planetstrike breakdown.

I've done a fair bit of black reach breakdowns, and Im looking for a bit more variety, having gotten rather tired with staring at the black reach sprues. So, I look around for something new and shiny, and I find the planetstrike terrain, with plenty of people talking about conversion possibilities for things like the quad autocannon used on a vehicle.

So, would ya'll be interested in being able to buy all the planetstrike bits seperately? Yknow, get the giant turret mounted lascannon without buying a whole bastion set?

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2009, 04:01   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Planetstrike breakdown.

I doubt you'll be able to sell off enough bastion bits to offset the number you'll buy. There are only so many people who want a really tall bastion or bastions sans turret, but there will be plenty of people who will want the turret alone.
Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2009, 19:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Actually, I would happen to love to be able to buy the bastions without the turrets. I think they look great and make great buildings. I figure anyone who wants a turret sprew for $5? as I aquire more Bastions I intend to be selling the turrets, but using the bastions.

I think it would be nice to be able to buy just the bottom, or just the middle section as seperate pieces, that way, when I want three or four story bastion I don't end up with a ton of spare parts, and when I want tons of two story bastions I don't end up with leftovers.

The verious bastions that are shown in Planetstrike look great and are easily built, if you have two or three kits (or work for the company and get paid to make nice stuff) but I hate to buy four strongholds (great deal) so that I can have verious bastions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
We altered the age old art of calling shotgun to now be known as calling Plasma Rifle on my car :P
Scratch-built Tau Manta . Scratch-built Tau Orca Drop Ship. Scratch-built Tau Barricuda. Scratch-built Tau Bastion.
Scratch-built Thunderhawk Dropship. Scratch-built 1:72nd scale Space Marine Landing Craft.
Scratch-built Chaos super-heavy dreadclaw drop pod/army transport.
hardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2009, 23:25   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well, the bastion parts are modular, so depending on your plan, you may want like...one and a half bastions. Which is awkward, because half a bastion box isn't really enough to make anything. Unless you combine it with the cities of death terrain, which is also possible.

I decided to order uh, four bastions, and six aegis defence lines. I may also pick up a few of the mines/ordinance packs.

If I end up with unsold stuff...hell, I like terrain anyway.

Bah...everywhere keeps ending up out of stock. Anyone know any discounters that still have planetstrike crap in stock?

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote