Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Can't Decide!!!
Old 17 Jun 2009, 12:43   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Can't Decide!!!

i love the hobby of WH40k, but i can't decide on a army, and i also don't want to have the same team as my friends and that leaves about 4 teams left

Chaos (don't like)
Chaos Daemons (don't like)
Tyranid (lost interest in)
Dark eldar

I was considering dark elder but now i just don't know
i just don't really have any interests in any of the armies

Is there anyway i could...spark an interest into an army?

Please help my daemon lvl up
Shae2994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2009, 12:46   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Can't Decide!!!

What is it about Chaos Marines / Daemons you don't like exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2009, 12:54   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

well my advice is if you are going to do dark eldar dont do them yet (the codex is 11 years old and might be updated next year) but there rules are good and hardly any one collects them so I would advise them out of the four that you said.
Old 17 Jun 2009, 15:46   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well, what is it you like to see in an army? Just because some friends have an army already doesn't mean you can't play it and just do it differently. Most armies are pretty versatile in how you play them, so you can have the same army but play it very differently. There's also modeling, painting, and fluff. Armies like Orks and Marines (to name a few), give a lot of flexibility when it comes to what the army looks like and the fluff behind them. Don't limit yourself to a couple of armies just to be different, especially if you're not really interested in them. Pick an army you like the looks off, enjoy the fluff behind them, and can see yourself painting and enjoying.
Old 17 Jun 2009, 16:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to crazyguy832

Remember that just because your friend plays an army doesn't mean you shouldn't. Trust me on this one... no matter what army you pick, someone else out there plays it as well.

:P

There are also many different ways to run army lists from the various codices from mere list variation to special characters modifying your entire army (Farsight lists, Deathwing, etc.).

Do It! ;D
5th edition stats (W/D/L)
Deathwing: 14/6/3
Tau: 5/0/3
Blood Angels (NEW): 10/1/3
Blood Angels (OLD): 27/5/10
Eldar: 10/0/1
Death Guard: 1/0/0
crazyguy832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2009, 16:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

you could also look at a nidzilla army which is basically tyranids with a shed load of monstrous creatures. They make for a truly impressive army IMO. Or as has just been said. Go for what you like. Trust me if you start an army your not really interested in then your very unlikly finish it. So my advice is ignore what other players are using and just follow your instinct and choose an army that appeals to your. There is usually so much variation in the codici nowadays that whatever army you choose you can make a list unique to you. At the end of the day the hobby is to he enjoyed and you will enjoy the most playing and building an army for a codex you like. Good luck and happy hunting. I am sorry for some of the grammer and spelling but I am posting on an iPhone and my fingers are bigger than the keys
The iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you?re a god or a total bastard. The iron will always kick you the real deal. The iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But, two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
Joey Goldcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2009, 19:48   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Are all the varient Marine codices covered, or just the standard C:SM? Space Wolves are out unless you don't mind waiting until October for the new codex, but Dark Angels (which encompasses Ravenwing and Deathwing) and Black Templars are great. Blood Angels are fine, but a little difficult for a first army. Also, while Space Marines aren't as flexible for different styles as they were with Chapter Traits, they still have plenty of options, as do most armies, for different ways to play.
Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2009, 23:53   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinger
well my advice is if you are going to do dark eldar dont do them yet (the codex is 11 years old and might be updated next year) but there rules are good and hardly any one collects them so I would advise them out of the four that you said.
i guess i might get some of the Dark eldar units and see what there like, but i remember once when i was a games workshop and asking about what the next codex to come out after imperial guard and he said Dark eldar probably around the end of the year

And i don't like Chaos because i just don't

Please help my daemon lvl up
Shae2994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2009, 00:07   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

just go with the army you like most out of all of them (even if a friend already collects them), you need to have the spark there otherwise you probably wont finish the army and will just wish you had gone with your instincts in the first place. plus, there are so many different variations of army and backgrounds for each one, that they can end up being completely different.
You can make up your own story, or go with something GW have already established (even this route is massively open).
For instance, Space Marines: You can chose from Ultramarines, Black Templars, Crimson Fists, Imperial Fists, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Salamanders and many many more. Or you could create your own chapter.
Every subgroup within each race may have effectively the same models and lists, but if you get into it you can convert them to be completely unique, paint them in a completely different way, and make your own background story to go along with them.
You shouldn't let the fact that your friends have the army you want to collect put you off actually collecting them for yourself.
If there is no spark for an army there in the first place, you probably wont get one by forcing it.

Commission?! PM me to discuss a price. Based in the UK.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/glam_andy/Anubis.jpg[/img]

Fat bottomed girls make the rockin' world go round!
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2009, 02:53   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shae2994
And i don't like Chaos because i just don't
Nice and specific, aren't you? : Is it the models, fluff, personal vendetta against Chaos players...?
Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote