Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Got some rules questions...
Old 29 May 2009, 22:04   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Got some rules questions...

...the last time i played against a friend he shook my Devilfish in which there was a Firewarrior squad embarked at that moment.
He then proceeded to claim that, since the BRB states that the vehicle and the passengers can't fire in the next turn, i couldn't shoot him with my Firewarriors after disembarking.

I however argued that this isn't the case, because after disembarking from the Fish the Firewarriors do not count as passengers anymore. The rule is just intended to keep mounted squads from firing through the firing hatches.

(1)Which one of us is right?

(2)Do Disruption pods work against ordnance barrage weapons?

My friend thinks that since the shot is assumed to have been fired from the center of the hole the distance would be 0" even if the shot was fired by a tank more than 12" away.

(3) When a vehicle is immobilized and has lost all of its weapons does it count as being destroyed or do you have to get one more immobilized/weapon destroyed result on top of it?

Clarifications would be very much appreciated

Inqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2009, 22:32   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox
Default Re: Got some rules questions...

1/Unless the vehicle was STUNNED, then they can fire.

2/Yes disruption pods work.

3/Yes it's destroyed

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2009, 23:52   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Wild

Um, I think you're off here Tim.

1) Shaken and stunned do the same thing to passengers, however Devilfishes have no firepoints, so this doesn't affect them at all.

2) Ordanance weapons you gain a cover save, BARRAGE however you do not, unless you're inside terrain.

3) BRB states that you must suffer one more immobilized or weapon destroyed to be wrecked. So losing all your weapons and then getting immobilized doesn't kill it. Getting another one does.
Old 30 May 2009, 00:21   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox

AH I didn't read right to number 3. You need to lose everything then suffer another result.

1 I thought that if you were stunned you couldnt disembark? Or has that changed now?

2, you're not technically in cover, but it's a special rule, and the firer is more than 12" away. So I'd say you would.

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2009, 01:12   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjim
1 I thought that if you were stunned you couldnt disembark? Or has that changed now?
I think that may have been a rule in that early draft of the rulebook that leaked. I recall seeing something along those lines, but it didn't make it to the final book.

As for immobilized, weaponless vehicles, yes, it does take one more result to finally kill the darn thing. So you can indeed have a vehicle that is little more than an impromptu bunker.
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2009, 02:17   #6 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

2) For Barrage Weapons (including Ordnance Barrage), you see whether the hole of the template is within 12" of the Devilfish. If it is, then no Cover Save unless you're in Area Terrain. If it's not, then you get a Cover Save.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2009, 08:40   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenai
2) For Barrage Weapons (including Ordnance Barrage), you see whether the hole of the template is within 12" of the Devilfish. If it is, then no Cover Save unless you're in Area Terrain. If it's not, then you get a Cover Save.
12 inches?

Did you mean "blast" or "template"?

Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2009, 11:53   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to HijiriOni Send a message via MSN to HijiriOni Send a message via Yahoo to HijiriOni

Yeah the current rules for disembarking passengers are the "They moved before shooting" rules and that's all.

The rules regarding "Multiple weapon/immobilized" results are pretty lame when you play blood angels. Somehow the mechanics forgot to add doors and hatches to my rhinos, so the only way my troops can get out is if the vehicle gets destroyed...OH and the only way to get troops "in" the rhino is to start the game with them loaded into it.
Old 31 May 2009, 04:42   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Wild

Seriously Hijiri, that wasn't really needed on the Blood Angels.
Old 31 May 2009, 05:12   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

We get it, HijiriOni, you don't like the BA PDF. You don't need to bring it up in every topic you post in. On the subject, though, I've let to play an opponent who didn't let me get out of vehicles, and I allow it when I play against them. That said, I don't run transports except for drop pods in my current builds anyway.

Regarding the disruption pods, I don't know the exact wording of the rule, and I don't have my main rulebook with me, but my immediate thought, based on RAI, is that barrage is intended to avoid intervening terrain but wouldn't ignore area terrain, which I think the disruption pods would act as.
Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote