Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Looking for printouts to record turns
Old 20 May 2009, 19:38   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Looking for printouts to record turns

One thing I've noticed is that, since I'm the primary player of WH40K, and I'm bringing my wife and three of my kids into the game, things can get bogged down if I forget an important detail, like what turn it is, or whose assault round we just completed.

With that in mind, does anyone know of any game record sheets I could use to track the progress of a game? If not, I'll make some, but I was wondering if there were any already in existence.

I've already created unit data cards, with a picture of the unit on one side from the GW website, and on the opposite side, all the data on the unit and their primary weapons. This is easy to carry and prevents you from having to constantly flip to the appropriate page in the codex while simultaneously flipping to the back of the BBB (we play 4th edition rules still) to look at the Quick Reference Sheet.

I'd just like to have something else to go with the Unit Data Cards that allows me to track the progress of the battle cleanly.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Sgt.Booraem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2009, 20:58   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Looking for printouts to record turns

The set of GW green transparent counters seems as a good way to keep track of things. I actually like the double turn counter that comes with it.

Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2009, 21:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Looking for printouts to record turns

For turns I have a big giant brassy die (dice) that I just turn over turn by turn or to cheese off my opponent roll it dangerously near his models.

I don't know if that helps, for everything else I have most of it memeorised, but I give my opponent my copy of my codex in case they want to check rules.

"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote