Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Poll: Do you collect Space Marines, want to, or avoid them like the Plague?
View Poll Results: When it comes to Space Marines (not Chaos Space Marines):
I don't have one at the moment, but plan to collect one someday. 21 34.43%
I don't have one at the moment, but plan to collect one someday. 7 11.48%
I have no real intention of collecting one at the moment. 12 19.67%
SMurfs can rot in hell. 21 34.43%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 04 Jun 2005, 06:57   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via ICQ to Robogem Send a message via MSN to Robogem
Default Poll: Do you collect Space Marines, want to, or avoid them like the Plague?

(note: this I put in general just because it would be better to do a poll like this here, since most people who have no intenton of collecting marines wouldn't visit the marine forum in the first place)

I am just curious about the general concensus of the players of this forum when it comes to collecting Space Marines. Obviously they are GW's flagship seller, and so much fluff has been directed to them compared to other races its not even funny.

Anywho, vote away, and discuss if you like.
A hero is only a hero when he or she takes incredible risks. If you prod a tiger with a stick from behind six inches of body armor and an impenetrable shield of force you're not a hero, you're just a jackass.
[/size]
Old 04 Jun 2005, 07:10   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: Poll: Do you collect Space Marines, want to, or avoid them like the Plague?

I used to be those 'rine boyz but no, I got tired of the emperor mumbojumbo and went Ork, we don't need no stinkin' king, we just fight to live and live to fight! Right ladz?

I now avoid them like the plague, unless they're chaos.. I plan on going chaos with my current ultramarines, making them more sinister and an evil color scheme.
Old 04 Jun 2005, 07:46   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Poll: Do you collect Space Marines, want to, or avoid them like the Plague?

Im a Tau player first ;D then Chaos >.

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 04 Jun 2005, 07:49   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Where I play there are waaaaaaay too many space marine armies. It is seriously lacking in variety, and is making the game a bit boring at times. Whenever someone shows up with Orks, I'm like, "Pleeeeeease let me play against something besides space marines!"
Man, that's the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

Don't tell me that you fell for the MTV lie?
The MTV lie is that people who rebel against tradition are thnking for themselves, while those who follow tradition are just sheep who do not think.
It is, of course, completely untrue. The decision to follow tradition is just as much an exercize of free will as is the decision to depart from it.
Old 04 Jun 2005, 08:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

I wouldnt collect a Marine army if my life depended on it but i am currently buliding a scout army. I despise Power armour in all its forms (even chaos although i do have some but it just seem to strong). My scout army does not even have a shread of power armour in there at all. As a matter of fact not one save is better then 4+ lol.
Old 04 Jun 2005, 08:31   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I would Like Marines more if they were more gohtic, less angel like, and the models reflected this with robes and icons actually engraved on da armour, you can do this yourself but you need skill many dont have
Old 04 Jun 2005, 08:43   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

I have a lot of respect for the marines. I also know that they can suit many different styles of play. The thing is, I have a bit of a penchant for individualism. There are simply too many marine players for me.

Also, I considered myself a bit of a tactician long before I played warhammer, and I wanted a race that would reward strategy to the extreme. I didn't want something forgiving, I wanted a sword that would cut me just as easily. I don't care so much about winning, as style and satisfaction ^^

I'm considering playing Dark Eldar. Possibly but less likely normal Eldar. That will show what kind of nutcase I am. : (teasing, of course)
Old 04 Jun 2005, 11:30   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to crazedmongoose2003

Rot in hell for all i care. Mainly due to their overwhelming popularity.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,86474.0.html
Old 04 Jun 2005, 11:41   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well i have an SM army but that was mainly due to me and a mate buying the The Battle For Macragge box and we splitt every thing 50/50. :P

Now i am starting a Tau army because no-one around here collect's them, i like to be diffrent. ^-^

Old 04 Jun 2005, 11:52   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

If I wanted to set up my pieces and just roll dice, I would play Monopoly or risk. :
Join the arena, and succumb to the eternal lust!
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=9054.0
Closed Thread