Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New Orleans Gaming
Old 28 Sep 2008, 03:34   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default New Orleans Gaming

Hello all. Looking for fellow gamers in the area. There is 2 stores in the area and looking for other possible places.

A. Gamers Dojo- Not a bad store but it's in Belle Chase and on the military base.

B. Galactic Games- The store either closed or moved. Customer service sucks and very rude. Unless you're in the clique and been playing for like forever I rather not go.

Before Katrina we had our own terrain and played at friends houses. Just looking for other players in the area that feel the same.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 23:22   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: New Orleans Gaming

A. Yea its in Belle Chasse and I work on the base so I dont exactly want to spend my free time there.
Only issue is there is no in store stock.

B. Galactic Games moved to Williams head toward the river its in a shopping center on the left if your comeing from I-10.
Its right before you get to the Dots Diner and the post Office.

The shop is dead center at the 90degree angle next to Corner Pocket pool hall and Mr Jims Pizza.

Customer Service does suck Strange is a moody S.O.B. and alot of people are complaining about him and his mood swings.
Matts friendlier but you have to get him away from his Magic games.

Not much has changed were still complaining about the lack of stock on the walls.
You are right the shop is very cliqueish and the folks there have long memorys took me a few mths to break in but I dont exactly belong to any of the cliques since I get along well with all of em.

There is a buy and play league starting up which is where I got folks comfortable with me when I started gaming there but from your sig looks like you already have a few armies so thats prob out of the picture.
Gives me the chance to finally build that Scout based Raven Guard army ive been kicking around for the past few years though.
Sniper rifles + hellfire rounds = fun!

If your new to the area or an old face come by hang out not all of us are stonewalled to new faces.
I really only know some of the inner nerd politics and drama that has happened in the shop being a new guy but that is every game store ive seen.

And yes alot of the crowd has been there along time is still there which is where the cliques formed I think theve just known each other for so long.
taloic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2008, 23:53   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I used to go there all the time. I easily droped over 5k into the store. What makes me mad is the service went horriblely down and that doesn't matter. I had a 15%discount at one time. Meaning I atleast dropped 1.5k into the store. I was accused of not supporting the store doing Katrina. I was shocked that was even an issue. But remembered I bought 3 sniper drone teams, shadowsun, and a box of new stealth suits at that time period. Than I tried to participate in the draft where I played marines and bought a 2k marine army. I just rather buy from the other store and don't pay taxes. Instead of me paying full price. Most of my 40k models come from that store and I feel a so what. If they gave me a better attitude I would support them. But when I go I get aggravated and don't really feel like playing a game. It's to a point I rather play at home or at a friends house. I get my models from the base, on line, Baton Rouge, or Lafyette. Their new location make them really convient for me but I work with the police department I really hope I could give them the same customer service when the are in my district . My main problem I'm in the military so I work weird hours and may be deployed for months. I deal wit enough crap in the military don't need it when I'm trying to relax. Becareful of tim he still owes me money.
Old 01 Oct 2008, 01:10   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Got ya .
Your not the first person ive talked to whos said the same things and dont worry my cash stays with me god knows with the living expenses in New Orleans now I need it all to myself.

The only crew that I can think of who might play out of store is Danny Dean if you can get in touch with him or Dave Nash he prob has his number you might be able to find the games your looking for.
Though Dean has been playing off and on at the new store.

I wish ya luck man and im not happy to hear about what happened but it dosent surprise me.
Like I said your not the first ive heard to say such things.
taloic is offline   Reply With Quote