Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Collecting your armies "nemesis"
Old 26 Sep 2008, 03:28   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Collecting your armies "nemesis"

So I'm sitting here thinking about my armies when I suddenly realise that no matter what army I collect, I get drawn to my armies counter part. For example, I started with Space Marines, and then I was drawn to Chaos. While for the most part I seem to want to collect Imperium and Chaos armies such as the Tzeentch and Witch Hunters projects, or my Space Marine and Khorne/Nurgle projects.

I just get this picture in my head of the two massive armies clashing, being driven by century old hatred and rivaling commanders. when your itching for a game, you can pull these out and create each armies background as you go!

Does any one else dream of such things? How many of you are actually building such fantastic projects?
"Strive For Perfection
And Strike With Precision
Soon It Blows Up In Your Face
And The Smoke Blurs Your Vision"
-Mushroomhead

Formerly Andrew "Ender" Wiggen.
Deaths_Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Sep 2008, 06:19   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to MDRedeemer Send a message via MSN to MDRedeemer
Default Re: Collecting your armies "nemesis"

While not entirely opposite of one another, I seemed to be drawn to the opposite nature of combat to the Tau, and that would be Adepta Sororitas. They're still shooty, I give them that, but while Tau are a brutal sniper the Sisters happen to be a shotgun. Average kill range going from roughly 12"-24" to 4" (Flamethrowers absolutely everywhere)

Fluffwise however, can't say I can really put a dot on the true Nemesis of the Tau other than those unwilling to listen whatsoever (Orks, Necrons, Tyranids) to their bargaining and words of acceptance.
Old 26 Sep 2008, 08:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

My two armies my not actually be fluff wise nemesis, but on the table top a battle between the two would see heavy casualties for both. My Tau army is a fast army with alot of high power weapons and tons of flexibility, while my necron army is extremely durable. Ive never fought the two, but im sure it would get ugly fast.
Old 26 Sep 2008, 10:04   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

This is a great idea, but my current army (White Scars) nemesis is Dark Eldar, and frankly I hate the models. Perhaps when they get re-released I'll consider it as the idea does appeal...

Extartius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2008, 03:00   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yeah, I know this feeling. I started with Tau, then thought, "Hmmm, Tau vs. Eldar..." and now I sit here with an eye to collect just about everything.
"Brothers in battle and blood, In oath and honor, In life and death, In faith and in truth. Brothers in the sight of the Emperor. So be it ever, as He-on-Terra wills. Amen." - Prayer of Initiation, Knights Revenant attr. Captain Lucius Faust, 597.M41

"'Death before dishonor.' This is our creed, our way of life and death. Bolstered by the faith of the immortal God-Emperor, we may go into battle without fear for self. We know that whatever sacrifice is made in the name of He-on-Terra is not made in vain. Our honor rests in our service to Him, and we could ask no greater reward than to rest at His side, having given our utmost in His name." -Captain Anborn Tohr, after the Siege of Hydrax III

viorlashasui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2008, 06:35   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

My army choices went as such:

Tyranids --> Daemonhunters --> Space marines --> Chaos --> Tau --> IG --> Eldar --> More Space marines (started a sallies army for a showcase army)

as for the train of thought when I collect an army? it seems I go from what looks cool to what I feel like playing, to what I got stomped by and want to understand better. Overall I liked going from Daemonhunters to SM, I chose to field the Relictor's chapter which has close ties (or had) with the Inquisition and therefore I could fluffy field them together.
“If I were a proper brother-captain, I would know the prayer we are supposed to say. But I think you all know what we have to do. We do not know what our chances of survival are, so we fight as if they were zero. We do not know what we are facing, so we fight as if it was the dark gods themselves. No one will remember us now and we may never be buried beneath Titan, so we will build our own memorial here. The Chapter might lose us and the Imperium might never know we existed, but the Enemy - the Enemy will know. The Enemy will remember." - Acting Brother-Capitan Alric of the Grey Knights.
GKTerminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2008, 08:58   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

While Temporarily on hold, these are the projects I have in the binder (Oh, and keep in mind each army will be roughly the size of a company or 3000pts, which ever comes first):

Top Priority: The Rosen Knights, 5th Company

Next in order are:
- Chaos. Nurgle w/ Khorne horde army.
- Codex (possibly Space Wolves...) Space Marines.
- 3000pts Tzeentch
- 3000pts Witch Hunters

My smaller projects still in my head are:
1000pts each of:
- Eldar
- Orks
- Tyranids
- Daemon Hunters
- Chaos Daemons

Most of these projects will require alot of time, and effort, but I think when I finally finish them all it will be totally worth it.
"Strive For Perfection
And Strike With Precision
Soon It Blows Up In Your Face
And The Smoke Blurs Your Vision"
-Mushroomhead

Formerly Andrew "Ender" Wiggen.
Deaths_Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2008, 16:02   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Snow
Does any one else dream of such things? How many of you are actually building such fantastic projects?
I've already done that with my armies...

Lets see here:

My Sisters of Battle army is led by Canoness Alica who is the sister of Canoness Gemiel, who leds by Emperor's Children army (traitorous SoB Gemiel is ).
Chapter Master/Chief Librarian Mars Aran of my Space Marines hates Lord Adual and Lord Damius (both leaders of two seperate, Cult-based Chaos armies). Although he hates Adual and Damius for different reasons.
Inquisitor Holt (who sometimes joins the Sisters of Battle under Alica) hates Damius too, because he was the direct reason why his homeworld was destroyed (which has a really complicated back story to it).
Lord Arnell (a fourth Chaos army!) just hates everybody barring Gemiel, Damius and Adual, and he has his enemies in his own army (thats something that I'm going to expand on for later)
Then theres my Dark Eldar, who are sort of the super-baddies, they fight against everyone but if they were to be in anybodies "pocket", it would have to be Gemiel's or possibly Adual's.
My Guard army also fights everybody except Lord Arnell as Arnell is their commander, but the Danitun Guard act independently and have their own agenda (i.e. survival).
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2008, 17:03   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

I only collect Space Marines at the moment. My own Chapter called the Blades of Purity. Their nemesis is Dark Eldar but I don't want to collect them until a new Codex comes out. I'm also strongly considering adding a Kill-Team of Deathwatch to my Blades of Purity as they compliment each other well.
The next separate army I'm going to start will probably be Tyranids. So they're pretty much one of the Deathwatch's nemsis'. Eldar are also a possibility and they're also Xenos, so are Orks who are another possibility. Eventually I hope to collect every army as all of them appeal to me in one way or another, but for now I'll work on each one comfortable. However, I'm always going to create my own Chapter/Craftworld/Kabal and I may even link them all up somehow, like you did FT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2008, 17:38   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

I have a Tau army, and am collecting a Salamanders army. Their not rivals, but are on the opposite ends of the spectrum of weapons.

Tau, shortest ranged weapon is burst cannon and pulse carbine. Longest ranged is the Rail gun, at 72 inches versus Salamanders, with their longest range gun being a Rocket launcher at 48 inches, and shortest being a flamer template.

Current 2010 Tau recored
1-0-0
xv-8 is offline   Reply With Quote