Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My hobby shop shut down? I have no more place to paly 40k and fantasy.
Old 25 Sep 2008, 06:47   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default My hobby shop shut down? I have no more place to paly 40k and fantasy.

My hobby shop shut down? I have no more place to play 40k and fantasy. I m so sad. I think my town is too small. no enough people support the shop. Finally they shut down.
Old 25 Sep 2008, 07:09   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: My hobby shop shut down? I have no more place to paly 40k and fantasy.

vassal?

really, look into it even if its no. otherwise get the remants of your gaming posse and form a small click. Alternatively you could try looking for transport into a nieghboring city, often would be my case . There are options play with them.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Sep 2008, 07:16   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: My hobby shop shut down? I have no more place to paly 40k and fantasy.

There has another one at the city. But those people are kind of rude and i need to pay $3 per hrs to play at there. sometime, the shop owner has a bible study at the shop, so i feel so wired to play at there. Last time. I said OMG, I almost got kicked out at the shop. After that I didnt go to that shop. the shop that i support they closed. This is a sad story in my town Fresno CA
Old 25 Sep 2008, 07:23   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Didnt think cali could ever be small. Guess I dont live in Fresno. Oh well, consider what you have, advertise in a local newspaper your looking for a few 40k, fantasy mates, just be sure to mention 40k or your going to get the wrong people :shifty:
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Sep 2008, 07:52   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via ICQ to Xeran Van Houten Send a message via AIM to Xeran Van Houten Send a message via MSN to Xeran Van Houten

yep, looking at about a 2 hour or thereabouts drive to modesto if there's really no other place in fresno... might be something in merced, but still quite the drive...

On another note, I would so pay $3 an hour to play a very customized inquisition army around a Bible study any day! ^_~
Old 25 Sep 2008, 14:10   #6 (permalink)
Vxx
Shas'Saal

Wow Im sorry to hear that. I would think that there would be game shops everywhere in California. They have everything else.

I can understand the $3 fee but I would not go to a store that charges me money to use its facilities. That would be like walking into Borders and having to pay a fee for reading their books. Also, I consider myself a religious person but having a bible study in a gaming shop is not exactly the best business tactic and again I would not regularly occupy a shop that did this. Separation of church and game. Im here to get away from the world and relax with some friends and plastic models, not listen to a bible study...

My suggestion would be the same as Pepsi. Get in contact with those who played at the shop before and get a group going. Look for and send out advertisements in the paper or online. Someone will usually have a place to set up a 4x6 table and you can pool money to purchase a board and terrain if they dont already have it. Thats what the people did here when the local shop shut down but we were lucky that they reopened it a month later under new management.
Old 25 Sep 2008, 15:20   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I just did a quick search on GW's website for Fresno, and three listings came up.
Titan Games
Hobby Town
2nd Dimension
Don't know if one was the one that closed and probably another is the bible study place, but what about the third (unless it's Hobbytown with no tables?)

I agree with these guys about getting with your fellow gamers and investing in a piece of plywood to play in your garage. I'm contemplating putting one together myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vxx
That would be like walking into Borders and having to pay a fee for reading their books.
Seriously? Isn't that why their in business so you can buy it instead of reading the whole book in the store? I know I've thumbed through things to check them out, but I wouldn't treat Borders as the library.
Old 25 Sep 2008, 17:22   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

I went to Titan all the time, they are nice people but Titan is running out of business. They shut down.
2D comic are those people have a bible study at shop
Hobby town all people are rude.
Old 25 Sep 2008, 19:44   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombevil
I went to Titan all the time, they are nice people but Titan is running out of business. They shut down.
2D comic are those people have a bible study at shop
Hobby town all people are rude.
There are over 35,000,000 people living in California.

For those people who live out of California, I can say that there are several regions they are completely different from each other.

Central California is more or less like the mid west in attitude. Southern California is more or less like New York. Northern California is more or less like the Northern States and the San Fransisco area is all by itself.

There are areas in California where the forclosure/ lost their homes rate is 1 in 20.

Unemployment in areas of California are over 8%.

I have lived through 4 recessions. This will be number 5, regardless of the talking heads say in congress.

Central California have a conservetive manner so seeing a bible study room in a game store is not uncommon.

Games, comics and hobby stores are getting butchered by the recession that we are in. If you can find a place to play, even if you have to play, if you can go and do it.

Because if you lose those stores you will eventually lose the hobby.

This is happening now.
Old 25 Sep 2008, 20:14   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Bible study in a gaming store? That's just a bit weird. Kicking you out for saying OMG? No offence to any christians on the boards, but that's more than a bit weird. I have lots of friends who are religious; they just don't happen to be completely insane zealots, either.

Also, charging people to play in a store is kinda weird. Also, you should take a Slaneshii Daemon army into the store and see what they do. ~.^