Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

WYSIWYG Question.
Old 21 Sep 2008, 01:58   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default WYSIWYG Question.

Ok just wondering about WYSIWYG and having extra wpns/gear that you are not using in regards to tournaments?
I have a Dreadnought that is modelled with:
1/ Dreadnought Close Cbt wpn with a TL Bolter
2/ A Missile Launcher

I want to model a Heavy Flamer on to the dreadnought for when I have the extra 5pts but wondering how that is view in terms of WYSIWYG since the TL would not be in use?
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2008, 02:00   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190
Default Re: WYSIWYG Question.

You may always downgrade but you can never upgrade.

Meaning, you can model as much as you want, as long as you dont use the stuff that you did not pay points for.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2008, 03:17   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Akaiyou Send a message via MSN to Akaiyou Send a message via Yahoo to Akaiyou

The new WYSIWYG ruling allows more flexibility.

you can say that a power weapon will count as a regular CC weapon for example and vice-versa as long as you paid for the points to use such a weapon.

Also it largely depends on your opponent and if he doesn't mind a little proxy.

tournaments however are stricter so you'd have to speak with the organizers to get a clear description on whats allowed and what's not
Old 21 Sep 2008, 04:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

as long as I can model more than what I can take then its a go to keep the TL bolter on my Dread and add the Heavy flamer. Thanks for the replies.
Old 21 Sep 2008, 04:53   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

There is actually a relatively simple conversion for this. You can drill out the barrels of the Storm Bolter under the close combat weapon. Then you cut off the back part of the Heavy Flamer. Then you drill and glue brass pins to back of the Heavy Flamer, using the same diameter pin as the holes you drilled in the Storm Bolter.

This way, whenever you want to use a Heavy Flamer on that dreadnought, you can just plug it into the barrels on the Storm Bolter. If you need to, add a few bits to the sides of the Heavy Flamer to conceal the Storm Bolter behind it.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2008, 06:08   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I perfer not to swap weapons in an out via pinning or magnets as I fear that doing so I would continuely chip the paint on the model. I plan to either place the tip/barrel of the Heavy Flamer inside the Dreadnoughts Close Cbt arm or mount the entire weapon on the other side of dread right on the outside of the Missile Launcher. right now not sure which way to do it. Inside the DCCW is a clean look but on theoutside of the missile launcher it balances the model.
Old 21 Sep 2008, 09:05   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

The rule is strict on independent characters. But is you have a plasma rifle troop you can use it as a lasgun no problem. But you can't say a lasgun is a plasma rifle.

Unfortunately if you want a plasma pistol for your Canoness than you will have to model it with a plasma pistol.
Old 21 Sep 2008, 19:33   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

It really depends on who you are playing with, most casual gamers won't mind but you do get those people every now and then.

What I do is tell them before hand and make sure they are ok with the small proxy, then if they ask I have my army list on hand so they can make sure I added or subtracted the points.

Aose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2008, 19:39   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I got tired of having multiple models with different weapons just to follow WYSIWYG so I magnetized EVERYTHING in my army. My Dreadnaught has all the interchangeable arms. Left AND right, and on the CC arm, I have the bottom flamer and Stormbolter magnetized allowing me to switch them with ease. Takes a while but in the end its so conveniently worth it.
takahashikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2008, 19:56   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

See my problem is that I'm using the AoBR model and the only solution would be pinning by like I said I don;t want to be chipping the paint. I think I will just end up having both on the Dreadnought; The TL bolter under the DCCW and the Heavy flamer on the outside of the Missile Launcher. Thanks for all the help everyone.