Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Which race accepts Mercenaries?
Old 08 Sep 2008, 19:07   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Which race accepts Mercenaries?

I'm finishing my guard army, and i want to start a new 40k race.

I like the idea of armed-to-the-teeth mercenaries, but i don't know which race accepts them.

any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko- New and Improved

Amazing.

The butt might need some cleaning...
(It looks dirty in the middle )
Malendricus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2008, 19:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Which race accepts Mercenaries?

http://uk.games-workshop.com/tau/kroot-list/

WHA POW GOOGLE FOO

The ultimate versatile mercenary force is arguably the radical daemon hunters, with kroot allies. Due to the imperial guardsmen, access to tanks, and etc... a private army is nice to have.

Now arguably these birds are quirky, but they add on a cheap punch to a daemon hunter army. Now you may wonder how daemon hunters get access to birds...its just that they dont appear to be against or for. A radical inquisitor toils in daemons, and unorthodox methods, and on that note wouldnt be too far off from hiring kroot, if it meant they would ultimately die in the end.

imperial guard may, so its not to far off in this one.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2008, 20:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yeah go with the birds (kroot) they'll add even more numbers to your imperial force and some combat hitting power (not that amazing)
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2008, 20:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Bring your enemy on the same terms as you and you can do alright.

Thats why people love the eveiscerators. Though I wouldnt mind converting a flamer on one my mine.
Old 08 Sep 2008, 22:35   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Hoarday

Daemonhunters can't ally with kroot mercenaries... It's right in the codex. Armes containing demonhunters or witchhunters cannot be in an army with allies unless those allies are also inquisition.
Old 08 Sep 2008, 23:49   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Jordan ->

Pure daemon hunters can, just like witch hunters. You can't do "double" allies as far as I am aware. But other then that, only kroot restriction applies as far as I know.

------------------------------------>
On topic ->

Main mercs in space are kroot. But they are mostly "poster mercs", as in most known and wide spread. But there are MANY mercenaries in 40k.
***And that's why I still like 40k, mercs are AWESOME XD***

Lets start ^_^

Spearheading the "true heroes" of the 40k ^_^ are kroot. They have their own list and it isn't "legal" no more >_> You can use it if you want of course, but it does cost money (I mean to build an army) so it is up to you. But mainly kroot will work for almost anyone but -> Asteras, Sisters (not inquisition), Necrons, Tyranids and TAU(because they are already represented in the codex).

Next are Orks, and mainly Blood Axes. They often trade with Imperium and I think were known to work for them. They are very characterful and sneaky. They occasionally fight ON Imperium side (when they it benefits them) and maintain strong connections with other outlaws and mercs. Their komandos are one of the best characterful units in game ^_^

And of course, human mercs. Any rouge Imperial guard is NOT necessary tainted by chaos ^_^ They might be just sick of ceratain laws or what nots. Looked at necromundia Humans for bands and steal small ships when they can. They interact with other outlaws and mercs and have great character to them.

***Ask about Eldar pirates as I do not know much about them. They might sometimes work for someone. I do not know though. I also doubt that craftworld codex will be good way to represent them =\ ***

***TAU renegades are pretty controversial and lets NOT bring them up here ^_^ Lets just say that farsight was a SERIOUS Xenophobe, so whoever those account were describing, wasn't his force ***

So IMO these are nice choice to make a merc army Just remember not to load up on too much heavy armor and all.^_^

I hope I helped

Walk tall everyone!!!!!

- What man is a man who doesn't make this world a better place?
- Definitely, mostly not about the girl.
- I should only kill people after I get to know 'em?

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=53661.0 “TAU customizations” Project
Red_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Sep 2008, 02:55   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan
Daemonhunters can't ally with kroot mercenaries... It's right in the codex. Armes containing demonhunters or witchhunters cannot be in an army with allies unless those allies are also inquisition.
You cant do imperial guard daemonhunters kroot
but you can daemonhunters imperial guard kroot
you cant do daemonhunters imperial guard space marines
but you can do daemonhunters space marines

I know the rules :P

However, this is up to interpretation.

Kroot arent techinically disallowed to fight for daemonhunters, but not either. However I reason if eldar find some sinister purpose for them, radical daemonhunters could. But thats minute kroot arent "legal" persay.

The rule of thumb I was using was Daemonhunters without "grey knight" termed units. Thusly you would be down to storm troopers, assassins, and inducted guard, and mr daemon hosts etc...

if it was a mercenary army, I would have to hand it to radical daemon hunters. However the second "merc" type list would be LATD because of the same benifets of tanks, walkers, rough riders, and guardsmen. In accordance could ally with kroot.

Youll need the last edition chaos dex, but it should be cheap to get.

http://oz.games-workshop.com/games/4...ed/default.htm

Old 09 Sep 2008, 17:18   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Thanks to all for suggestions.

I havn't understood a thing. :P

I play guard, but when i mean guard i mean only guard. therefore i'm not familiar with other races (except space marines), so i kinda don't get some things you talk about.

Could you explain in simpler words what you all mean, and what armies i'd have to start to recruit mercs?

Thanks

(excuse my ignorance ;D)

Quote:

Amazing.

Old 09 Sep 2008, 18:55   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal the Great

I play guard, but when i mean guard i mean only guard. therefore i'm not familiar with other races (except space marines), so i kinda don't get some things you talk about.

Could you explain in simpler words what you all mean, and what armies i'd have to start to recruit mercs?

Thanks

(excuse my ignorance ;D)

You can use this with the Daemon Hunter Faction, as long as you dont use grey knight termed units (theory suggest anyways)

if you use your imperial guard as inducted troops in a daemon hunter army you can then add kroot making the ultimate merc force available. You just cant use grey knights, land raiders, and dreadys.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

LATD is an old list back from the eye of terror, but it fosters alot of imperial guard use (meaning mercs are very available in this) in addition you could use kroot.
Old 10 Sep 2008, 17:58   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal the Great

Thanks

(excuse my ignorance ;D)

You can use this with the Daemon Hunter Faction, as long as you dont use grey knight termed units (theory suggest anyways)

if you use your imperial guard as inducted troops in a daemon hunter army you can then add kroot making the ultimate merc force available. You just cant use grey knights, land raiders, and dreadys.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

LATD is an old list back from the eye of terror, but it fosters alot of imperial guard use (meaning mercs are very available in this) in addition you could use kroot.
Thanks. I spoke today at school with an experienced 40k player, and he explained it all to me. I've decided to plan up a Daemonhunters Merc army for the future, and then will post it up for suggestions and improvements.

Quote:

Amazing.