Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

5th ED and tournaments
Old 08 Sep 2008, 19:03   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to wyrd_ian
Default 5th ED and tournaments

With the new edition how have everyones armies change for tournaments?

KQD
-Disney: He's the puppet master, both our damnation and salvation. He rewards our successes and punishes us for our hubris (often in subtle but horrible ways). I suggest we do our best not to anger him, he is the greatest asset to our campaign and potentially the most fearsome foe we'll ever face.
wyrd_ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2008, 19:06   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190
Default Re: 5th ED and tournaments

Mine has not, but thats because its a Mechinized force that utilizes Land Raider Crusaders and CC to destroy the enemy, both of which got boosted.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2008, 19:23   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I ask because I want to build a competitive force for tournaments but I don't know wether I should go for a blood angel hybrid rhino rush or a heavy infentry chaos shooty from hell? I can only afford to build the one.

KQD
-Disney: He's the puppet master, both our damnation and salvation. He rewards our successes and punishes us for our hubris (often in subtle but horrible ways). I suggest we do our best not to anger him, he is the greatest asset to our campaign and potentially the most fearsome foe we'll ever face.
Old 08 Sep 2008, 20:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Shooty nurgle alingned force from hell. They'll provide awsome mdels to paint, some nice tougness 5 all across the board, and feel no pain on your troops. Plus this army being realtivly small in number is very affordable.

Typhon, captain of plague ship terminus est.
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2008, 20:53   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon
Shooty nurgle alingned force from hell. They'll provide awsome mdels to paint, some nice tougness 5 all across the board, and feel no pain on your troops. Plus this army being realtivly small in number is very affordable.

Typhon, captain of plague ship terminus est.
The shooty chaos one suppost to be weight in numbers and a wall of bullets so noise marines, undivied troops, havocs and raptors.

KQD
Old 09 Sep 2008, 01:47   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

I can state from experience that the BA hybrid/rhino rushing force is very uncompetitive. Stick with jetpacks if you want mobility. Also, vanilla SMs, being cheaper, tend to do a hybrid list better. BA tend to suffer from a lack of a model count too much to split up their forces wildly.

Baal preds are nice shooty bases, though.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Sep 2008, 01:52   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox

For my Tau.. I simply swapped my 3 piranhas for 3 squads of 10 kroot Rest stayed the same.

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Sep 2008, 02:20   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

I've played my vanilla marines a few tournaments so far, and all I've changed is taking 4 Tac squads to taking 5 Tac squads. Lots of missle Launchers, and added in a Command squad for my librarian. Thats it really.
“If I were a proper brother-captain, I would know the prayer we are supposed to say. But I think you all know what we have to do. We do not know what our chances of survival are, so we fight as if they were zero. We do not know what we are facing, so we fight as if it was the dark gods themselves. No one will remember us now and we may never be buried beneath Titan, so we will build our own memorial here. The Chapter might lose us and the Imperium might never know we existed, but the Enemy - the Enemy will know. The Enemy will remember." - Acting Brother-Capitan Alric of the Grey Knights.
GKTerminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Sep 2008, 09:07   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Nothing changes for most of my armies, with the exception of SOBs (Hooray for the new Jump Pack Rules and also INferno pistol spamming!) as I am a mechanized force player, which in this edition becomes even more harder to take down. In fact, my forces became much more insidious in nature, as now I combined more Deepstriking forces and also outflanking forces to engage my opponent at all levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Sep 2008, 23:43   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

I dropped disruption fields from my scarab lists, as glances do me little good now. Instead, I use the extra points to max models.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote