Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ork and Marine players!
Old 01 Sep 2008, 02:38   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Ork and Marine players!

I feel compelled to inform ya'll, the latest white dwarf comes with a plastic terminator and nob blister, just as in the black reach box. Given that a box of termies runs around $50, and the issue of White Dwarf costs $5, this seems to be a clear win, especially if you like reading the magazine once in a while.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2008, 04:30   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw
Default Re: Ork and Marine players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyndmyr
I feel compelled to inform ya'll, the latest white dwarf comes with a plastic terminator and nob blister, just as in the black reach box. Given that a box of termies runs around $50, and the issue of White Dwarf costs $5, this seems to be a clear win, especially if you like reading the magazine once in a while.
Well, maybe 5$ in the US. It's $10 in Canada so not much of a price savings.
Spiritbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2008, 04:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Meh...I guess its okish if you want the magazine anyhow, but yeah, ya'll do get boned on the prices.

One day, GW will figure out conversion rates....and I expect on that day, they'll raise US prices to match canada. =/

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Old 01 Sep 2008, 04:50   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90

maybe I should buy 5 white dwarves, save 25 dollars ( all american)

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Survivor of the 06' Battle Royale!
Grunt90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2008, 19:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Start a deathwing army from white dwarf terminators, have a magazine for every room of the house, give them to your friends, christmass gifts yayyy.
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2008, 19:47   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to coolmule

White Dwarf only costs US$5 over there? it's like 4 here.
Old 01 Sep 2008, 20:43   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunt90
maybe I should buy 5 white dwarves, save 25 dollars ( all american)
Find an ork player to do the same, swap models.

Old 01 Sep 2008, 21:04   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'm making my Terminator into a Chaos one, and giving him a spare heavy flamer, so the Termie squad always has an option to take a Heavy Flamer, instead of an Autocannon. ^^ Saves 25 for a new box of Termies just for ont extra model.
"Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all my base are belong to you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
Circus: Yes well Bubgum we've been gradually establishing today that you're wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton
Anton: I placed the broom between my legs, engaged the engine, applied the gas and away I was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjim
I'm working on it, I'll even unclip the crotch flap so it swings
Bubgum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2008, 14:44   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90

Yeah at my store white dwarves are only like 5-6 dollars. Not sure how much they charge in other stores though.

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Survivor of the 06' Battle Royale!
Grunt90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2008, 15:27   #10 (permalink)
Nox
Shas'Vre

The current issue is the only issue of WD that I know of that has actually sold out at the local hobby shop. :P He sold them all just about as soon as he put them out.
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote