Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

cheap mean tactic.
Old 30 Aug 2008, 17:55   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default cheap mean tactic.

Ever noticed how in a chimera there's only one way out? Here's a really mean tactic that will annoy the enemy like heck. If your opponent has a trasnport with only one hatch for deployment, immobilize it and get your troops in front of the hatch. The men in the tank can't get out and are stuck in there until your men die or the tank blows up. Either way, it's mean but totally fair! ;D

-Mike Tyson
Super heavy gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2008, 18:01   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: cheap mean tactic.

I thought that most people would do that anyway... :P

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2008, 18:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox

There's a new rule in 5th for Emergency disembarking, lets you get out anywhere within 2" of the vehicle. The tactic you speak of has been around for.. a long time ;D

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2008, 18:18   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super heavy gunner
Ever noticed how in a chimera there's only one way out? Here's a really mean tactic that will annoy the enemy like heck. If your opponent has a trasnport with only one hatch for deployment, immobilize it and get your troops in front of the hatch. The men in the tank can't get out and are stuck in there until your men die or the tank blows up. Either way, it's mean but totally fair! ;D
But whilst you're there, why not expose the rear armour, and blow the tank up? Potentially killing all passengers.
"Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all my base are belong to you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
Circus: Yes well Bubgum we've been gradually establishing today that you're wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton
Anton: I placed the broom between my legs, engaged the engine, applied the gas and away I was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjim
I'm working on it, I'll even unclip the crotch flap so it swings
Bubgum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2008, 18:26   #5 (permalink)
lonely tau

no no no, you see, what you do in the new edition is hit it in the rear with a sort of medium weapon from the squad, like a plasma or something, maybe even Bolters, but you have the squad wrapped around the Chimera so that "emergency disembarkation" HAS to put them in front of the vehicle. Therefore you expose the squad to greater firepower! ;D
Old 30 Aug 2008, 19:10   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

There are still ways it can work, but now you have to surround the tank completely rather than just blocking the exits. The new emergency disembarkation rule makes life a tiny bit easier on Imperial Guard and Eldar players. Everyone is a little smarter about where they put the doors.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2008, 15:46   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

meanwhile, while they are stuck in there waiting, you are being shot at by 6 lasguns, a guy sticking a plasma gun out the top hatch, the turret, the turret mounted heavy stubber, and if you happen to have a guy in the front firing arc of the tank, the heavy bolter too.

lets see, 12+2+3+3+3

potentially 23 shots. ouch.
Norsehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2008, 04:55   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

better tactic is when your opponent runs his tank up there and parks it with the Objective of Getting out a unit to assault you with next turn, block the hatch, so he has to move the tank to disembark and therefore cannot charge you (this happened to me with my Falcon carrying banshees....so annoying it was!)
“If I were a proper brother-captain, I would know the prayer we are supposed to say. But I think you all know what we have to do. We do not know what our chances of survival are, so we fight as if they were zero. We do not know what we are facing, so we fight as if it was the dark gods themselves. No one will remember us now and we may never be buried beneath Titan, so we will build our own memorial here. The Chapter might lose us and the Imperium might never know we existed, but the Enemy - the Enemy will know. The Enemy will remember." - Acting Brother-Capitan Alric of the Grey Knights.
GKTerminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2008, 08:16   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

GKT, thing is in 5th he doesn't have to disembark his unit to hold the objective. If the transport has a scoring unit in it then the transport is scoring.

THat would have worked in 4th.

For more webcomics like this please visit my website.

http://www.tristanworld.com

or my deviant art account.
Omeganus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2008, 08:19   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

I think you misunderstand how I worded my post...

I said "with the objective of" aka he means to get out and kill your ass with something assaulty...not sit on an objective and claim it...
“If I were a proper brother-captain, I would know the prayer we are supposed to say. But I think you all know what we have to do. We do not know what our chances of survival are, so we fight as if they were zero. We do not know what we are facing, so we fight as if it was the dark gods themselves. No one will remember us now and we may never be buried beneath Titan, so we will build our own memorial here. The Chapter might lose us and the Imperium might never know we existed, but the Enemy - the Enemy will know. The Enemy will remember." - Acting Brother-Capitan Alric of the Grey Knights.
GKTerminator is offline   Reply With Quote