Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

'Ard Boyz 2008
Old 17 Aug 2008, 02:52   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default 'Ard Boyz 2008

This is a twofold topic... the first is pretty straight forward:

Who among us is entering the 'Ard Boys tourney on Saturday, September 13th of 2008? What army will you be fielding, and where are you playing?

Myself, a Tau army, and I'll be at Gnome Games, Green Bay WI... hope to see anyone else from here there!

Secondly, and this is a big one:

I have a question concerning the 'Ard Boyz tourney itself... according to word of mouth, it will be utilizing Apocalypse rules, to justify the points; however, according to the official 'Ard Boyz rules, they are going to be using the 5th Edition rulebook; there was no mention of Apocalypse or mixed armies (a list of approved codex and chapters was provided, though).

So, by what I have been reading, this will be a 2,500 point army, non-mixed, non-Apocalyptic, correct? How would it even be possible to organize that large of an army utilizing the Force Organization charts?

Here is the link to the rules, PDF format, straight from Games Workshop:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/co...500009&start=2

So, if anyone has any idea on this, please let me know, so I know how to organize and set up.
soothsayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2008, 04:41   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: 'Ard Boyz 2008

Well, if it works like last year's 'Ard Boyz, it's just standard rules with lots of points. 2500 is the top end of reasonable for regular rules, but it can be done. You'll use most of your Force Org Chart entries, but at least you won't have a hard time finding points for your favorite toy.
knightperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2008, 05:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

2500pts isn't too hard depending on what army you field. I can fill an Inquisition force of 2500 in no time. in fact I play alot of 2250 games, and even then I feel like I'm under fielded when it comes to all the stuff in my box, be it space marines or Grey Knights ect...

After looking at the rules and such It would seem that they basically want you to Field As much as you can with a standard organization, the points limit seems to be set with keeping some form of Limitations for those armies that CAN field well over 2500pts with one organization.

Just my 2c...keep discussing
“If I were a proper brother-captain, I would know the prayer we are supposed to say. But I think you all know what we have to do. We do not know what our chances of survival are, so we fight as if they were zero. We do not know what we are facing, so we fight as if it was the dark gods themselves. No one will remember us now and we may never be buried beneath Titan, so we will build our own memorial here. The Chapter might lose us and the Imperium might never know we existed, but the Enemy - the Enemy will know. The Enemy will remember." - Acting Brother-Capitan Alric of the Grey Knights.
GKTerminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2008, 13:53   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

i wont be playing (not nuff points) but i will be there... my local hobby store in independence is hosting it ;D

but if you are having trouble getting 2500 points, take more wargear, it will probably stretch a lot of armys like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
You're playing the wrong game if you're concerned with things looking look like toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Aun Leketh)
I have a response to that... it involves a dreadsock... :P
steck_638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2008, 15:13   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

My biggest concern, though, is the 5th Edition rules... since now only troops are allowed to hold quarters, or take objectives, it kind of puts a damper on things (like a Crisis suit heavy army).

But, I suppose, by eliminating all of the opponents troops would be just as effective...
soothsayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2008, 15:15   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

there ate 2 ways to win in 5th,you get the most objectives or your opponent dosnt... (i know its the same thing) so you could just drop there troops all day if you wanted to ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
You're playing the wrong game if you're concerned with things looking look like toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Aun Leketh)
I have a response to that... it involves a dreadsock... :P
steck_638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2008, 19:37   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I will be playing my TAU army at the local store in gainesville fl. Most people will be playing orks so i don't think i will have much chance but it will be fun
Marauderk is offline   Reply With Quote