Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Running rules: only in 5th ed.?
Old 08 Aug 2008, 14:31   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to fiercegoldfish
Default Running rules: only in 5th ed.?

while reading a post i saw the topic of running come up multiple times. is running used in 4th ed (thatas all i play) or just in 5th? i don't remember anything about running in the 4th ed rules but i might have misread or missed it. so, is there running in 4th ed? if so, what page?
Old 08 Aug 2008, 14:32   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Running rules: only in 5th ed.?

No. There are no running rules in 4th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Aug 2008, 14:34   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

The closest thing to running that 4th ed had, was the special rule: Fleet of (foot, wing, etc); that some unit not all had.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Aug 2008, 14:34   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Running is only in 5th. Which is why it comes up so much because it is a big change from 4th, and allows more tactics.

Just out of curiosity, why do you only play 4th?

-By Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
If you want durability, you play Space Marines. If you want strength, you play Tyranids.

If you want to dump firepower into your enemy until not even dental records will be enough to identify them, you play Imperial Guard.
Dan_teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Aug 2008, 14:40   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Solar, Master of Armour
Running is only in 5th. Which is why it comes up so much because it is a big change from 4th, and allows more tactics.

Just out of curiosity, why do you only play 4th?
haha. as a 14 year old kid I cant justify to myself spending 50 bucks on a 5th ed rulebook (im desperately underfunded). if i could get my bro to pay half then i could aford to buy the rule book, but until then, i have to stick to 4th ed b/c i have the 4th ed rules.
Old 08 Aug 2008, 14:45   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I justified it by saving and getting it on vacation when I was helping a very good friend start a brand new 'Nid army. From the box to the table in under a week. We both had a great time.

Back to the topic at hand, however, I'd say get the Black Reach set with your bro and split the cost. It's a good set and not too expensive for what's in it. The new rules are definitely worth the cost in my opinion.
"Brothers in battle and blood, In oath and honor, In life and death, In faith and in truth. Brothers in the sight of the Emperor. So be it ever, as He-on-Terra wills. Amen." - Prayer of Initiation, Knights Revenant attr. Captain Lucius Faust, 597.M41

"'Death before dishonor.' This is our creed, our way of life and death. Bolstered by the faith of the immortal God-Emperor, we may go into battle without fear for self. We know that whatever sacrifice is made in the name of He-on-Terra is not made in vain. Our honor rests in our service to Him, and we could ask no greater reward than to rest at His side, having given our utmost in His name." -Captain Anborn Tohr, after the Siege of Hydrax III

viorlashasui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Aug 2008, 14:50   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by viorlashasui
I justified it by saving and getting it on vacation when I was helping a very good friend start a brand new 'Nid army. From the box to the table in under a week. We both had a great time.

Back to the topic at hand, however, I'd say get the Black Reach set with your bro and split the cost. It's a good set and not too expensive for what's in it. The new rules are definitely worth the cost in my opinion.
whats the black reach set (i know, i am quite clueless)
Old 08 Aug 2008, 14:53   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

It's the new starter. Like Macragge but bigger, better and with Orks instead of 'Nids.
"Brothers in battle and blood, In oath and honor, In life and death, In faith and in truth. Brothers in the sight of the Emperor. So be it ever, as He-on-Terra wills. Amen." - Prayer of Initiation, Knights Revenant attr. Captain Lucius Faust, 597.M41

"'Death before dishonor.' This is our creed, our way of life and death. Bolstered by the faith of the immortal God-Emperor, we may go into battle without fear for self. We know that whatever sacrifice is made in the name of He-on-Terra is not made in vain. Our honor rests in our service to Him, and we could ask no greater reward than to rest at His side, having given our utmost in His name." -Captain Anborn Tohr, after the Siege of Hydrax III

viorlashasui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Aug 2008, 14:58   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiercegoldfish
Quote:

Here:

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=70066.0

And here:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...ameStyle=wh40k

And holy crap the SM Spearhead is here...

-By Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
If you want durability, you play Space Marines. If you want strength, you play Tyranids.

If you want to dump firepower into your enemy until not even dental records will be enough to identify them, you play Imperial Guard.
Dan_teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Aug 2008, 15:03   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Solar, Master of Armour
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiercegoldfish
Quote:

Here:

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=70066.0

And here:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...ameStyle=wh40k

And holy Klkn the SM Spearhead is here...
Does the black reach set include the real rulebook or just a smaller, dimmed down version like macrage did?