Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Chaos and Tyranids as allies?
Old 08 Aug 2008, 07:12   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Chaos and Tyranids as allies?

I'm running a campaign for my local gaming group, and the final battle (yes, it is just a tiny bit scripted) faces Tau and Space Marines off against Chaos and Tyranids. Now, the Tau and Space Marines' alliance can be explained, but I am having difficulty with the Chaos and Nids. Does anyone have any ideas on how they can be allied? Can chaos corrupt synapse creatures in any way? Thanks!
senstarfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Aug 2008, 07:14   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Chaos and Tyranids as allies?

mmmmmm

chaos has cloaked themselves from tyranid presense by the will of tzeentch...nurgle makes them unattractive.....scenario dictates that 1/1000 of the force will be deployed let them fight it out, and the rest will eat the survivors.

I think that might work.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Aug 2008, 07:33   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

...Can you explain that a bit further? ??? I got the cloaked by Tzeench, and made distasteful by nurgle (even though the guy plays a Khorne heavy army...), but the last bit I didn't get... Also, the corruption of Synapse creatures would explain a couple other occurences in the story...
Old 08 Aug 2008, 07:46   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

i dont know if it would work for the whole force, but in Storm of Iron, it says the Iron Warriors infected a hive ship with the Obliterator techno-virus, this caused it to lose its lik with the hive-mind and allowed them to take it under their control...they used it as a really big ship to transport titans...but anyway, something along those lines might help
Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Aug 2008, 07:49   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Esque

Some 'nids have a strong warp presence too, and GW fluff is hardly set in stone. I think corrupted synapses would work, it'd be plausible for your game. Its not implausible as such, moreso than chaos or nids are in their own right. Chaos have gods on their side, no? And Khorne is bound to sympathise with the bugs' way of doing things.

It may be that some fluff stated some time that the hive mind is incorruptible. But then there are a gazillion things you cant do according to contradicting fluff if that should be taken into consideration. Ignore that.

I think its a good idea. Keep it, if it keeps your campaign going.
Old 08 Aug 2008, 08:14   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Cool, cool. Then it works, as one group of nids (the noob called it's leader a cerebrate ;D ) hates the other nids, because they have "gone rogue" (aka been corrupted). So, I will have the taint of Chaos spread to the others, so by the end, they are all allies... The whole story goes that they all have interests on the planet (you know, the "get them there" story), and the chaos dudes activate an arcane piece of technology/warp witchery that removes the entire planet from the normal universe. The final battle is set apocalypse-style, with the SM and Tau trying to destroy the device, and the Chaos and Nids trying to prevent them doing it, reveling in the destruction and locking them forever in eternal bloodshed... What does everyone think?