Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

And they shall know no fear.... ?
Closed Thread
Old 06 Aug 2008, 04:25   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Jedibean
Default And they shall know no fear.... ?

Could someone help me find this in the new rule book? It was the first universal special rule in the 4th edition rule book but now I cant find it in the 5th edition codex. Any help here? I just wanna see exactly what it does.
Old 06 Aug 2008, 05:09   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: And they shall know no fear.... ?

If im understanding right, its based solely with the space marines codexes. Since most marines are typical of it, there may have been no point.
Old 06 Aug 2008, 05:18   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yeah, but unless I'm looking at an old codex the rule isn't in the codex. When you look up the rule in the codex it refers you to the rulebook which as far as I can see doesn't actually have it. I could be mistaken on both counts but a little clarification would go a long way because I cant find it in the 5th edition codex anywhere.
Old 06 Aug 2008, 05:21   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

which version of the codex?
Old 06 Aug 2008, 05:23   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

It's not in the 5th edition rulebook. As it only applies to Space Marines, it isn't really a USR. : Anyways, it's changing slightly in the new codex, so that's where you'll find it.
I picture the Ethereal looking out the window of the Devilfish from his seat: "Hey this isn't the way to Applebee's?! Where are you guys taking...Aw man, a battle?! Aw, you guys are total dicks, I swear! I'm still wearing my bathrobe! Can I at least have a gun? What do you mean you don't have any extra? What should I do, hit Khorne Berzerkers with my symbol of office? Man, you're gonna be sorry if I die... dicks."
Old 06 Aug 2008, 05:26   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Interesting... so then, what happens with the rule now since it's not actually in the rule book or the codex?
Old 06 Aug 2008, 05:28   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

that can be the same argument that tau dont have light recoils on their xv88s.

LALALALALA dont have recoil, LALALALAALA not in rulebook LALALALALALA. I assumed all marines had we shall know no fear.
Old 06 Aug 2008, 05:37   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Light Recoils? Never heard of it, explain? If you're talking about the fact that they dont count as moving when firing rapid fire weapons then it's actually described in the codex. The codex doesn't refer to the rule book at all. It just explicitly describes that they are "designed to compensate for the recoil of light weapons fire." So it's actually not the same argument pepsi.

I'm not arguing either. I'm just making a point that the Space Marine Codex refers to a rule that as far as the 5th edition rulebook is concerned doesn't actually exist.

I'm just saying that other armies have been affected in a similar way. For instance... the Command and Control Node has been made completely useless by the removal of target priority. That precedent already having been set, this seems to be an issue. So I guess you're right...

Quote:
LALALALAALA not in rulebook LALALALALALA.
Old 06 Aug 2008, 05:50   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

tau crisis suits in general are outfitted with so many variations of weaponry, and are customizable to the extent of user related purpose.

For the size of the suit, it was easy to integrate a steady firing rate without recoil.

As a result the tau are given the ability to fire rapid fire weapons without penalty in the wake of crisis suits design. However the point im making is that since this isnt in the rulebook (that im aware of) doesnt mean it doesnt exist in some form.

Codexes are always the bridge to the big rule book, and faqs their patches. I would just wait, it might be fixed sooner then imagined.
Old 06 Aug 2008, 05:57   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi
tau crisis suits in general are outfitted with so many variations of weaponry, and are customizable to the extent of user related purpose.

For the size of the suit, it was easy to integrate a steady firing rate without recoil.

As a result the tau are given the ability to fire rapid fire weapons without penalty in the wake of crisis suits design. However the point im making is that since this isnt in the rulebook (that im aware of) doesnt mean it doesnt exist in some form.

Codexes are always the bridge to the big rule book, and faqs their patches. I would just wait, it might be fixed sooner then imagined.
Yeah but you're missing my point. The whole recoil thing that you're talking about is actually in the codex. And as we all know, the army specific codex will outrule the rulebook. So it doesn't actually need to be in the rulebook because it's described in the codex. However, "And they shall know no fear" is not only not in the codex, but in the codex it refers you to the special rule in the universal rules section of the rule book. And in the 5th edition rulebook there is no rule for "And they shall know no fear." So if this needs to be fixed in the marine codex then that's all well and good, but in the mean time this rule doesn't actually exist.
Closed Thread