Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Codexes out since 5th ed rules?
Old 03 Aug 2008, 13:09   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Codexes out since 5th ed rules?

What army(s), besides Chaos Daemons, have been re-released since 5th ed?

Is there any place that lists the release dates of the various army books and codexes, along with the Rules Update releases?

Also - what armies are due out next... I understand that Space Marines (again) are on the horizon, as well as one of the Chapters - (ultramarines?).
Are they going to re-release ORKS too, since they are in supposed to be in the new starter?

Is there someplace I can bookmark to look for this type of info - so I don't keep pestering people all the time.
Kazadvorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2008, 13:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Codexes out since 5th ed rules?

The Marines are getting a new codex shortly, and I do believe that the Ork codex was written with 5th edition in mind.

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary.
For those who do not, none will suffice."

"So this is how liberty dies. To a thunderous applause."

100% of posters have false statistics in their signatures. If you're one of the 0% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your sig.
Vallessian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2008, 13:21   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

The 5th Edition codexes are:

Dark Angels
Blood Angels
Eldar
Chaos
Chaos Daemons
Orks

You can tell by looking at the army lists sections.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2008, 13:34   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Yeah, it's widely suspected/known that the 5th edition codices started at Eldar, when the list formats changed. Orks aren't going to be getting a knew 5th edition codex because the one they just got was written for 5th edition.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2008, 01:40   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Also - what armies are due out next
From what I know, which is all gathered from various rumor threads, here's what is planned for the near future:

Space Marines - October Release
Space Wolves - December/January
Imperial Guard - May
Dark Eldar - Sometime next year

They usually don't do 2 marine codexes in a row, so I'm a little skeptical on the Space Wolves, but it might just be a free release like the Blood Angels dex was.
Old 04 Aug 2008, 02:49   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Actually, it's rumored that both Necrons and Dark Eldar are going to get redone at different times next year...people who have sneaked a peak at the release schedule say they could switch places and either one could be out early/late 2009. And all the SW rumors point to a new full codex, not a White Dwarf one, but who really knows.

Quote:
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Old 04 Aug 2008, 06:37   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

The orks was at most half written for if that at all. Take the waagh rule for example. The new faq didn;t even update it to represent the new run rule. Then there is killer khan upgrades for squadrns they all are void; grot riggers and armour plates. The biggest problem lies in the fact that GW doesn;t write their own FAQs these days and didn;t bother to update it either after 5th came out.
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2008, 06:56   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Just because the FAQ sucks doesn't mean it wasn't written for 5th. None of the FAQs are any good and actually address any of the issues people wanted an answer for.

Quote:
Old 04 Aug 2008, 08:00   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
The 5th Edition codexes are:

Dark Angels
Blood Angels
Eldar
Chaos
Chaos Daemons
Orks

You can tell by looking at the army lists sections.
ya man. I think a look at the new way they are minimizing wargear selections is pretty evident in what is a 'new' versus 'old' codex. The ones we will probably see a revamp on are Guard, Marines, Dark Eld, and Nids as far as I can tell, since they are all very heavily option oriented, and the later releases have been more streamlined. It seems GW developers thought it was silly to have someone blathering around for hours meticulously picking out of dozens of 1 or 2 point wargear items. Good for them in my opinion. If my Autarch cannot have a thousand combinations of un-modelable stuff lumped on him any more, then neither should my Marine opponent. He can look at my Autarch and say 'that's an Autarch' and pretty much know what its capabilities are... get down to Dark E, and Chaos sorceror lords and you look at the fig and think 'crap... what does that guy do? I have no idea!'... I think they are trying to veer away from that, to the point where the newer codicies are at a bit of a disadvantage because of the unpredictability of the older ones, but sooner or later they will get it all balanced to the newer way of wargearing (and then they'll just issue 6th ed. so we have to start rebalancing all over again : )
Guitardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2008, 10:36   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyena031
The orks was at most half written for if that at all. Take the waagh rule for example. The new faq didn;t even update it to represent the new run rule.
What needed updating? For one turn, all Infantry in your army get Fleet; if anything, that is a lot less overpowered than it seemed in 4th - it is only useful now if you've got units within "running charge" range. In 4th, it could be used just to sprint for cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote