Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

A Fluff Tale Of Nine Gamers [Discussion available, entries closed.]
Old 26 Jul 2008, 18:56   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default A Fluff Tale Of Nine Gamers [Discussion available, entries closed.]

Okay chaps, time for the revolution call to sound.

I had this idea while chatting with a friend earlier today and as something to offer to TO while my laptop has decided to be smelly and rubbish - hence pretty much all my other projects putting on hold.

Are you all familiar with the Tale of Four Gamers series' done in White Dwarf?

For those who are not...

There are four gamers. Each pick an army. The first month they do 500pts of it, and play games against each other and other hobbyists and see how it runs. The next month they do another 500pts and so on til 1500pts. It can be changed to 250pt increments if that is easier.

So... following my "play what you want to play not what the rules says will work best" article, I was wondering if anyone wanted to join me on a Tale of Four Gamers chronicling myself and three (or possibly more or less) other TOers building fun lists for 5th Ed and seeing how they work. We can post up photos of our models and others can see the painting, and talk through army lists and battle reports.

Of course, this does kind of mean a new army... so only those who are planning on doing so anyway should try this. I don't want to burn holes in people's pockets, but I'll be doing my Tyranids anyway and I thought this might be a fun way to do it - rather than just me talking about my experiences, having some others do the same and seeing how we get on.

Is anybody interested in this?

[hr]

Circus - Tyranids - Mecha Nidzilla
Valten - Tau - Salamander style burny fun
Orkwarrior - Space Marines - Space Wolves
Scoutninja - Space Marines - Red Scars custom chapter
Ravager Zero - Tau - Outcasts looking to regain honour
D Black - Chaos Daemons - Tzeentchian, converted special characters, Silver Tower and Heresy era 1k Sons
Majonga - Chaos Space Marines - Black Legion
ShasOPeteDawg - Chaos Space Marines - Theme? Legion?
Psyco - Eldar - Storm Serpents of Yme-Loc, Mechanised Revival
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jul 2008, 19:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: A Fluff Tale Of Four Gamers

Hey, New guy here. Me and a friend are getting back into 40k with the release of 5th Edition. We were thinking of doing something like this to help us build are armies: Space Marines( Iron Snakes) vs. Tau.

Should be a blast and will attempt to post pictures.
Valten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jul 2008, 19:17   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Would you be following the teachings of Circus as laid down here?

Best summed up in this quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave to the Bell.
Let's start a Circus Petition to play the game for fun! Go back to the roots and play your army like you want to!
That and one of the other guys inspired the first line of my last post, i.e. the revolution call

Edit: I guess it could be done by just repainting an old army... but to be honest it'll work better with a whole new army because then we have the modelling aspect too and it gives a rounder, fuller article/set of articles.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Old 26 Jul 2008, 19:39   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I am quite intrested in this as i have just started Space wolves and this would get me off my lazy but and manage to finish and play game with my army.

So sign me up scotty ;D

If you want a sig like this give, Hadhfang a PM http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn162/Ushar1/Orkwarrior-1.jpg[/img]
OrkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2008, 02:11   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'll have a stab at this. I got quite a lot of swag at Games Day, so I'll be good for a month or so. (I won't be available on monday as I'm driving home to NC.)

New Space Marines.
I'm certain that when I grow old I'll become probably conservative and my rebellious teenage children will rail against me for supporting the enslavement of animals classed as "pets" under a cruel regime of apartheid, and also think I'm a bigot cos I don't want to allow neo-cyborg lupine hyper sexual marriage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
Scoutninja's 100% correct.

Scoutninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2008, 09:42   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

If people are still interested, feel free to still put your name down. There'll be a week or two before we start, I expect, and we could just as easily have a Tale of Twelve Gamers ;D

You may call me Circus.
Old 27 Jul 2008, 12:00   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Ravager

I want to do eet!
I'm currently re-doing my Tau (sorry to the four thousand other Tau players here :)
I may be a tad slow with the painting, but I have some stuff I prepared earlier. :P

EDIT: I may finally be able to do a conversion guide to my take on the El'Tael suit…
And the Warfish 2.0…
And the Tau Heavy Tank 2.5…

We have done the impossible... and that makes us mighty.
Firefly is pretty much made of Awesome, Funny, and Aww. Sometimes simultaneously. We'd better stop before we quote the entire script.
–tvtropes.org
Ravager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2008, 18:47   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to D Black

K if it's allowed sign me up

I wanted somthing to push my lazyness along

Tzeentch Deamons for me

Quote from: Wargamer

Metal fans are allowed to use stereotyped generalisations of other types of music. Why? Because the "avatar" of Rap and similar music is a binged up black guy who holds his gun in such a way as he will probably shoot his own foot off in a gunfight. The avatar of Metal is a bearded, unwashed Scandinavian guy who kills you, your family, your town, your country and the neighbouring country because there isn't much else to do up in the snowy fjords of Vikingland.
D Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2008, 19:02   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

sounds awesome, I'll put forward my black legionnaires, which i've only just started. if thats ok.

long live circus and his teachings
[img width=650 height=74]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x38/Majonga/sig.jpg[/img]
majonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2008, 12:20   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Here are the people involved so far in this tale of Seven Gamers:

Circus - Tyranids - Nidzilla with... you'll see =P conversions
Valten - Space Marines - Iron Snakes (yes? Or are you Tau?)
Orkwarrior - Space Marines - Space Wolves
Scoutninja - Space Marines - Chapter?
Ravager Zero - Tau - Sept? Theme?
D Black - Chaos Daemons - Tzeentch
Majonga - Chaos Space Marines - Black Legion

What are you guys going to be doing to set your armies apart?

You may call me Circus.