Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Strategic point Capture
Old 21 Jul 2008, 23:48   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Strategic point Capture

Hey guys,

I remember reading in the rulebook that only your troops can capture strategic points (initiates)
But can it be any type of troop?? (sword brethren squad)?
chich0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jul 2008, 00:03   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Strategic point Capture

It's as written. No manner of interpretation is required. Only units selected from the 'troops' allowance count as scoring units, excepting units that are vehicles; have the 'swarm' special rule; or are otherwise specifically stated as not counting as a scoring unit. Templars are one army that I know very little about, but if memory serves Sword Brethren are a troops selection; they are neither a vehicle nor a swarm; nor are they specifically stated as not counting as a scoring unit, therefore they are indeed scoring and can capture objectives.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jul 2008, 00:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

o i thaught they where elites, i thaught only initiates and neophytes where under the Troops list.
Old 22 Jul 2008, 00:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Actualy I am fairly certain that sword bretheren are elites, in which case they are not scoring.

They see him rolling,
They hating,
Patroling and trying to fix him with a dark lance,
Trying to fix him with with a dark lance
Trying to fix him with with a dark lance
Fix him with a dark lance,
Try to fix him with a dark lance.

(rap)
Rolling up 'cos I'm a Space Marine,
Heavy armour so it ain't hard to be seen, I ride, ride and they see me lean, Soritas and a TV screen, Yeah the Canoness, she likes cola, Mixed in a stolen drone controller, But then I just try to hold her, One smack and great, I'm in a coma
shashui tarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jul 2008, 00:15   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

yeah only initiates n neophytes in troops list! lol
Old 22 Jul 2008, 00:59   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well, there you have it. The rule is entirely straightforward. Most armies have only two or three troops choices though, so you're not really getting screwed over on this one. Besides, Marines are pretty damn solid troops anyway, so two or three squads of Initiates should prove ample for the task.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote