Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

I Don't Understand....
Old 17 Jul 2008, 21:37   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default I Don't Understand....

the new wound accolation system... i thought i did, but then I read a thread that confused me... and so i read it again and i still don't understand...

so could someone please explain it to me if i had say, a 10 man tac sqaud (marine) with a sarge and a heavy weapon?

as i understood, you would just roll all the saves at once, and say who took which un-saved wounds, though that doesn't seem right.

so as i have re-understood it, does it mean that you would decide who is taking which wounds, then roll the saves?

As you can tell... IM VERY CONFUSED
dragoniccam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2008, 21:46   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: I Don't Understand....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoniccam
the new wound accolation system... i thought i did, but then I read a thread that confused me... and so i read it again and i still don't understand...

so could someone please explain it to me if i had say, a 10 man tac sqaud (marine) with a sarge and a heavy weapon?

as i understood, you would just roll all the saves at once, and say who took which un-saved wounds, though that doesn't seem right.

so as i have re-understood it, does it mean that you would decide who is taking which wounds, then roll the saves?

As you can tell... IM VERY CONFUSED
I'll take a shot --

1. Take the wounds that apply to the unit (all together, from all sources) and allocate them to the models in the unit. No model can get second wound until all have one, no model can get a third until all have two, etc. The different types of wounds are NOT differentiated for this (in other words, you can put all of the worst wounds on a single model, as long as you don't violate the 'all have to have one wound before a model can have two rule).

2. Roll saves together for all models that are 'the same'. "The Same" in this case is defined as being the same model with the same equipment, special abilities, etc. Two crisis suits with different loadouts are different.

3. Apply any unsaved wounds to those models. You must kill as many models as possible -- you cannot spread out the wounds.

Repeat 2 and 3 for the other "Different" groups of models in the unit.

I think (personal opinion) that they missed the boat with the 'Different" rule, because it is going to artificially reward certain equipping patterns on multi-wound unit. Whenever possible you should equip multi-wound models with different equipment so you can carry the extra wounds rather than having to kill a model.

They should have just made it that all multi-wound models roll saves individually. It would have lengthened the game slightly, but I think it would have made the system more natural.

Geoff

Nice Work! Have a +1 cookie ;D -Fish Ead
geoffe is offline   Reply With Quote