Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My Special Unit
Old 11 Jul 2008, 07:36   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Joyraindo
Default My Special Unit

What, to you, is a unit you never enter battle without? And why? (besides if it's compulsory)

It could have killed lots of things, have sentimental value, or it might just be because it's a staple of your tactics, or something else. Everyone has them!

For me it's one of my Assault Squads - 10 men, 2 flamers and a power fist. I've never done battle (as my SMs) without it, and it always does me proud!
Joyraindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2008, 08:06   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: My Special Unit

Kharn. Reason is simple really.

Ohh and my Daemon. For 100 points that bad boy is FANTASTIC!
Old 11 Jul 2008, 08:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

BigMek with KFF. Give my killa khans and DeffDreads hull down, and my troops a cover save in the open. I will still use it in 5th so that my grots will have a cover save.
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2008, 10:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Apothecaries. I like to see the look on my opponents face, when the first wound of the game is ignored ;D.

http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk1
RonanB1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2008, 10:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well, they aren't really a unit but,
The drones attatched to my Devilfish.
These guys have done some amazing things, including wounding a Carnifex, completely wiping out an Eldar ranger squad, blowing up a falcon, the list goes on.

wall 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2008, 10:45   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Esque

the big mek shock attack gun! >
Old 11 Jul 2008, 10:46   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via Yahoo to Stan

My commander and his plasma wielding bodyguards.

My commander was once fighting an Tau army (granted it was an unorthodox match) and in the middle of the battle my opponent fired about three quarter of his firepower at my commander and his bodyguards. About a hundred shots were fired from something like a rapid shot of a full squad of kroot, my enemy's commanders bodyguards (and his numerous gun drones) plasma and missile's and even a few shots from a hammerhead, and a couple of other squads fire. And once the dust from this concentrated firepower settled and I had finished throwing buckets of saves, to everyones amazement he SURVIVED and against all odds, granted his bodyguards and shield drone were turned to molten slag :P. But I've loved him ever since ;D.

One caste for the construction of a safe place,
for without their technology our empire would fall.

One caste for our faraway travels,
for their ships will bring us through the galaxy.

One caste for the talking at all levels,
for their smooth words will pave our road to victory.

One caste to rule them all, one caste to guide them,
One caste to bring them all together, and in the era of the Montíau, bind them.

In our galaxy there will only be the Tauíva.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2008, 15:19   #8 (permalink)
Vxx
Shas'Saal

There are three that have brought me much success. My Dark Eldar Lord, Wyches and my Sisters of Battle Canoness. It doesnt matter how large or small the game is, I always make room for these bad mothers. They can take on nearly anything that is thrown at them. Granted, there are times where they fail horribly but those are a mere few grains of sand on the beaches of success.

The Wyches can be a sharp thorn in the side of my opponent because they are great for tying up key units and coming out on top. They are awesome for chewing on models with power weapons or squads designed for close combat like assault marines and berserker's. They dont typically devastate with brute force but rather slowly eat away at units like a strong acid. Also the potential for a first turn assault can really screw with your opponents strategy. I love hearing the sigh of disappointment from my opponents when I tell them that these two Raiders each contain a full squad of Wyches and one of them rolled a 12" assault for their combat drugs.

The Lord and Canoness are awesome for taking on my opponents big baddies. They have the potential to take on those high point monsters without sustaining a scratch thanks to a 2+ invuln. I love running them around the board (The Lord on a Jetbike and Canoness with a jump pack) after units like Daemon Princes, Wraithlords, Tyranid MC's and tearing through them like a varsity football team through one of those big paper banners. They have gone toe to toe with Kharn, Abaddon, and other renowned characters and came out laughing. The only thing that makes them nervous is a C'tan sword.
Old 11 Jul 2008, 16:00   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well, as this is the last day of 4th edition, my answer has got to be the unit that's seen me through thick and thin.

The Deceiver!

Take a bow, big guy, you are exiting 4th edition with the crown firmly in place. All Hail.
Old 11 Jul 2008, 17:21   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

It's my assault squad for me too. I call them the 'Vampires'. They're led by Sergeant Klaus Steiner () and Chaplain Lo Chang.

When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote