Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

VASSAL Tournament Idea
Closed Thread
Old 01 Jul 2008, 18:23   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default VASSAL Tournament Idea

I wanted to post this here because it's more pretaining to the forums and vassal than an actual vassal option.

Anyway, what if we had intermural Vassal tournaments? And after the intermural, we could have forum v forum tournies.

It'd be some nice, friendly competition. Librarium Online Tyranid player vs a Tau Online Ork player. Y'know? Once we have a forum champion, we could help him learn and then go up against the other forums in an ultimate show of skill (barring technical difficulties.)

Tell me what you think about it, add what you want, and if we get enough support, this might come to fruitation! ;D
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
Old 01 Jul 2008, 18:25   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: VASSAL Tournament Idea

My problem with this idea is that the definition of "Skill" that people will apply to this tournament will in fact be "I can build a beardier list than you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 01 Jul 2008, 18:26   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I would think this is a great idea. I would sign up any day but who would say about this to other forums and such, would we have to issue them formally and set a time from other members till then.

If you want a sig like this give, Hadhfang a PM http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn162/Ushar1/Orkwarrior-1.jpg[/img]
Old 01 Jul 2008, 18:28   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
My problem with this idea is that the definition of "Skill" that people will apply to this tournament will in fact be "I can build a beardier list than you."
True... but it's a nice idea all the same.
Old 01 Jul 2008, 18:32   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Yes, but if both players have super beardy lists and one knows what tactics is and the other doesn't, who'll win?

And of course, we could put restrictions or find a way to *mostly* prevent beardy lists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orkwarrior
I would think this is a great idea. I would sign up any day but who would say about this to other forums and such, would we have to issue them formally and set a time from other members till then.
Well, it would be all formal like, when it's Forum V Forum.

When it's intermural, it'd just be like any other competition I guess (cept with more publicity maybe.)

If ya'll'd like, I could try and spread the idea to other forums (I'm not as familiar with them though, so I'm hoping to find volunteers.)
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
Old 01 Jul 2008, 18:34   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

You could always give awards for most fluff based army lists, etc. I suppose...
Old 01 Jul 2008, 18:39   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Precisely. The choice is up to us.

We could run a vote on the various forums as well, to find out which of X number of choices they like, then do a grand tally and for any ties, re-run the vote in all the forums to find the most wanted.

If anything, I think the main problem we'd have would be finding time for the two players to play. Let's say Zenny and Fish Ead won the intermural competition. How would we find a time that's good for both of them to play

Edit- And if anyone thinks it'd be unfair to have someone from Tau Online running/organizing this, then we'll find a way to fix that as well.
Old 01 Jul 2008, 18:43   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Quote:
One person could make both lists
Old 01 Jul 2008, 18:52   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

The person making the lists would have to be unbaised to either person. And they'd have to know enough about either army to set up good lists (that aren't beards of cheese.)
Old 01 Jul 2008, 18:58   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

We could make a points system that who ever has the most points wins the match. For example
10 pionts for the game
5 for a fluffy list
-points for to beardy lists

If you want a sig like this give, Hadhfang a PM http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn162/Ushar1/Orkwarrior-1.jpg[/img]
Closed Thread