Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Extra Bits?
Old 22 Jun 2008, 18:30   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via Yahoo to Hairy Grim
Default Extra Bits?

A few months ago when my Rapid Insertion Force arrived, I noticed I had a ridiculous amount of extra bits. The extra bits in there were a small base, 2 large bases, 8 Gun Drones, 12 flying stands & 35 small flying bases. In case you can't imagine how much that would be, there's a pic of 'em attached.

Just wondering if anyone else has recieved extra bits in apocalypse formations.
Old 22 Jun 2008, 19:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Extra Bits?

Stuff like this happens at times. Usually with bases due to the fact that until recently they were cast in 4s. But I've heard some wild stories about battleforces with an extra sprue of guys or something like that
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2008, 19:57   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
But I've heard some wild stories about battleforces with an extra sprue of guys or something like that
That's dangerous talk. Best keep quite about those stories lest you want GW agents taking you away in the night.

[hr]
To the OP, as Fishy said it's not unusual to get extra stuff. Slightly different situation but I got shipped a rather expensive bitz order twice by GW.
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2008, 23:07   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

99% of the time it is extra bases and stands. However, in some rare cases, they come with a bunch of extra useful bits (ex special weapons) for some models.
Impulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2008, 23:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Ive had models come missing pieces as well...not often at all, mind you, but for example, one of my spyder blisters was missing one of the CC arm pieces. One piece missing out of an entire army isnt worth fussing over, though, so I figure I'll just green stuff a gun arm to work, and probably camoflague it with, say, a dead cadian in it's grasp.

I have an insane amount of extra bases...I could probably base another entire 2000 point army with them. Ive heard of/seen other things get extras, but yeah, bases are definitely the most frequent occurance of that.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2008, 23:47   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

I had a battle force come without stealthsuits once. Never had extra stuff.
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2008, 23:55   #7 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Ok, out of the 6 IG Battleforces I ordered (2 Cadians and 4 Catachans), I get............no extra nothing. Only bases I think they're diverting more quality control to IG production :P
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2008, 14:05   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

The most I've ever got was extra bases from my boxed sets. The biggest culprits for extra bases are from blister packs where they give you four bases for a single guy.
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2008, 14:08   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Ive gotten three drones in a Crisis, balanced out by 1 in the other, both bought at the same time.
I wonder how did they know which ones to send.
Korill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2008, 14:12   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

My brother's had the opposite problem. He bought a box of new daemonettes and got 12 square bases and only two round bases. His Masque also had a miscast staff, so bad that there was nothing but a really thin piece of metal on one half of the staff instead of a mask.

Never got any extras myself.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote