Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Dual Use Daemons?
Old 21 Jun 2008, 13:46   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Dual Use Daemons?

Here's my problem. I play mostly 40k, but my group that I play with is considering starting fantasy. What I would like to do is take my daemons and put them on the square bases so that I don't have to go out and buy another army. My gaming group (local) doesn't have a problem with it... However I also game at a store about 45 miles away that would...

So, I guess my question is this: Would you have a problem if someone in your gaming group showed up with a daemon army all mounted on the square bases?

Old 21 Jun 2008, 13:49   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Dual Use Daemons?

No, it makes very little difference, theo only slight difference I could see it making is that putting units in Base-to-Base contact may get awkward, but in fairness, my Assault Marines are posed such that they find t hard to get in base to base without poking somone with their swords.

http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk1
RonanB1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2008, 13:55   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Broker
No, it makes very little difference, theo only slight difference I could see it making is that putting units in Base-to-Base contact may get awkward, but in fairness, my Assault Marines are posed such that they find t hard to get in base to base without poking somone with their swords.
Yes, but isn't that the point... : sorry, had to go there.
Old 21 Jun 2008, 14:00   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

I personally wouldn't care, but I wouldn't do it if you might have a hard time finding games.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2008, 15:02   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to alilamyman Send a message via MSN to alilamyman Send a message via Yahoo to alilamyman

how about you just use blu-tack. You blue tack your models to square bases for fantasy and circle one for 40k and for the bigger models you use half-pinning, which is where you pin the model, drill a hole in the base, and then just place the model on the base. Using these methos you could just interchange during games.
Old 21 Jun 2008, 15:12   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

That's not a bad idea...time consuming, but you could probably pin all the models and paint both styles of base for them. :P

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2008, 15:13   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Genius solution somebody at my gaming group came up with.

1. Mount your demons on round bases. Check.
2. Go to a local hardware store and get a ton of washers.
3. Now, glue the washers to the bottom of your demons bases (put one little one inside each base).
4. Go to your local craft store and buy those weird magnetic strips (like paper, but a magnet on one side. You know what I'm talking about :P)
5. Cut the magnetic paper stuff into rectangles that support your demons (ie, one that holds a rank of five demons across and three back). Sorta like the GW movement trays, only magnetized.
6. Your demons keep their round bases for 40k, and when you wanna play fantasy you put them on the magnet sheets. The washers keep them in place and they are now all ranked up, so base to base shouldn't be a problem. If I can get pictures I'll post them.

Works like a charm.
Old 21 Jun 2008, 15:17   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to alilamyman Send a message via MSN to alilamyman Send a message via Yahoo to alilamyman

That is such an awesome idea, i'm gonna do that with my fantasy models just because it sounds cool.
Old 21 Jun 2008, 16:10   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

someone at my store got a fantasy movement tray and then stuck some foamboard on and cut holes for all the round bases in it. Now he can use the daemons for 40K and fantasy.

For more webcomics like this please visit my website.

http://www.tristanworld.com

or my deviant art account.
Omeganus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2008, 18:59   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Couple of good ideas... the washer one sounds the easiest.... I'll see which one I nick!