Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Interactrive Army List
Old 07 Jun 2008, 00:54   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Youngy
Default Interactrive Army List

I have been wondering for a while now, are there any programs which you can get to make army lists simply and easily on the computer.

I have heard a bit about Armies Of The Imperium, but can't find out much about it.

Specifically, are there any free ones?

Youngy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jun 2008, 01:06   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Interactrive Army List

Most people just use home crafted Excel spreadsheets for their armies, although they vary in complexity and are usually tailored the army they collect.

The aren't any real free ones available.

Although you can download a free trail of Lone Wolf's builder program here:
http://www.wolflair.com/index.php?context=army_builder

It limits you to only 5 units I think in the trail, but is fully functional otherwise, and allows you to quickly see how different load outs cost quite quickly...

Then there is the army list builder Foxx on here is working on.. Check up on the progress here:
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=48009.0
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jun 2008, 14:01   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I use rollcall. It is free, but it was primarily designed to work with Fantasy from a couple of editions ago. You have to write your own army definition file, but it's not that difficult. It will not enforce any rules or limitations unless you impose them. Compared to army builder, it really sucks, but I'm too cheap to shell out $40 for army builder.

Armies of the Imperium sucks. It's only got half the armies on it, and it gets updated very infrequently.
Darth_Fraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2008, 03:32   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Ca'rees
It's only got half the armies on it...
Armies of the Imperium was meant to only include half the armies in 40k, and the sister title, Armies of Disorder I think it was called contained the rest of the armies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Ca'rees
it gets updated very infrequently.
From what I was aware, they've stopped updating it... But I may be wrong there...
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2008, 11:32   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Armies/Enemies of the Imperium aren't even supported by GW anymore. The last update to it was the Eldar Codex, if I remember correctly. Someone at my gaming shop said when he called GW about it they suggested he look into the Lone Wolf army builder. :P

The Army Builder is very, very good. Having so many rules right at your fingertips is very useful. Not totally worth $40, but still a great program.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote