Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Reccomendations for bits stores?
Old 06 May 2008, 00:01   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Reccomendations for bits stores?

Aright...I find myself at a quandry. I need large volumes of specific bits, which isn't exactly ideal for trading here...so I normally turn to an online bits store, bitzbox.co.uk, which is oddly enough, substantially cheaper than the warstore, despite being in england. Unfortunately, the site is hosed atm, so Im stuck either buying through the war store, which charges enough for the bits I need that I may as well buy the whole box, or dealing with ebay, any ideas?

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2008, 17:33   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Reccomendations for bits stores?

Why don't you ask around your friends before you do anything else, maybe someone's willing to trade
Old 06 May 2008, 20:48   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Bitkingdom is a new operation that I've successfully ordered from. Their prices are generally lower than the warstore and they sell metal bits too.

Their ordering system is a little funky but it gets the job done.
Arschbombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2008, 22:13   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

See, my problem with bitkingdom is the lack of contacting me back. I asked about some special order products, specifying them as "10pack of metal blood angel shoulder pads, blood droplet with wings", and they asked for further information. No detailing what...I mean, it's not as if there's multiple things that could fit that description. So, I copied them the shopping cart from GWs site, complete with part number, etc...either friday or saturday. Still no reply as to if they can get them. I don't mind waiting for stuff if they need to order it in, but I don't want to wait a week to find out if they can even order something or not.

I doubt any of my friends have volumes of stuff like 9 spyders, 40 blood angel metal pads, a few dozen assault marine jointed legs, etc. As mentioned in the first post, the volume of items that aren't exactly standard is why I need to hit a bits site in the first place.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Old 06 May 2008, 22:24   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Bitkingdom should be able to get the shoulder pads without a problem, but that's not really bitz ordering since they come in blister packs of 10. So maybe they don't make their money with the trade account discount, but instead with reselling of the bits they get from breaking open the boxes.

Old 06 May 2008, 22:26   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

that should be the case. GW made a banter about battle wagon bits didnt they?

pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2008, 22:51   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi
that should be the case. GW made a banter about battle wagon bits didnt they?
Only when they started using GWs pictures on their site.

BWB was way better before they joined with the Warstore IMO.
-
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2008, 23:11   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

sometimes assimilation can help keep a business alive.

the drawback usually means sacrificing a bit on your original intentions of the business. (keeping an eye out on that in fact)
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2008, 05:10   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arschbombe
Bitkingdom should be able to get the shoulder pads without a problem, but that's not really bitz ordering since they come in blister packs of 10. So maybe they don't make their money with the trade account discount, but instead with reselling of the bits they get from breaking open the boxes.
I needed both bits ordering(stuff like legs/scarabs) in addition to actual models.

GW discount is exactly the same for special ordered stuff as for regular. Even at discounted prices, the profit on a $300 order ain't all that bad.

Bw bits was pretty good prior to warstore, I did use them both before and afterward. It might be just me, but it felt like the prices climbed a fair bit after the changeover. I mean, heck, just ordering the legs from the assault marines'll set me back $12. Buying the full box w 20% discount is only twenty. If you need/want ANY other bits from that box, bits ordering the parts is just silly at that point.

Theres a need for a good bits seller, IMO. Preferably one that focuses on 40k...I feel a lot of them suffer from spreading over 40k and fantasy, less variety of each. There's ebay stores, of course, but I find those annoying to browse, and shipping can be killer if you end up getting a little from each seller.

Edit: Scratch that, my beloved uk site is back up, with baneblade parts. =)

Old 07 May 2008, 14:01   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

You know, I never looked at Bitz Box before just because they're in the UK and I assumed the exchange rate plus international shipping would eat up any potential savings. But having taken a look based on your statement that it was your favorite bitz site, I have to say it looks pretty darn good.

The possessed wings I use for converting khorne berzerkers into raptors are much, much cheaper there than at the warstore/bwbits.