Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

is it or is it not ok to use gw pictures and ip to advertise product?
Old 29 Apr 2008, 07:43   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default is it or is it not ok to use gw pictures and ip to advertise product?

lately I have been confused.

I notice that people have stayed away from the shopping cart (I can understand the protection from it) but when sci fi genre can do it, and many other ebayers, what is the middle ground here?

would it be ok to say, take a photo of the product, then sell that as is?

because according to the gw policy, online auctions are discouraged using the ip pictures of GW (no copy paste people!) but instead to take a photo of it.

so for the little leg work, if one were so inclined to take photos of your merchandise, would GW still have a case? or is it competition stomp down to keep their shopping cart up?

pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2008, 15:09   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Hive Lord
Default Re: is it or is it not ok to use gw pictures and ip to advertise product?

Isn't this the kind of question you should be asking GW themselves instead of a group of people who, for the most part, are completely unaware of GW's policies on dealers for their products?

I mean, you seem to be quite knowledgeable on the subject, but that's obviously because you're interesting in starting a business up of your own - I would imagine most other members have not investigated the matter in any great detail.

On a side note, it might help your cause to use correct grammar - it's in the forum rules, and people might be more inclined to help if you put that little bit more effort in.
Hive Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2008, 15:58   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: is it or is it not ok to use gw pictures and ip to advertise product?

You need to email the company, pepsi. They are the ones who will drop down on your head if you get it wrong.

My guess is that what you are trying to do is not something they are interested in supporting, so I wouldn't get your hopes up. They have made it pretty clear that they don't want to support 3rd party online retailers. This is partly to protect their own online service, but it also protects their physical stores and 3rd party brick-and-mortar retailers.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2008, 18:08   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

People take pictures of the boxes of the models they're selling on eBay so why not?

- Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2008, 19:01   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

its more of an irritation lately. If you cant do it, why are others getting away with it?

...and what about the grammar? ???
Old 29 Apr 2008, 19:15   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

They are getting away with it because GW has not found them yet. I know I sound like a broken record, but GW is actively seeking out people who break their agreements.

This includes business that sell on eBay or use shopping carts. OR stores that do not currently have a brick and mortar store but have a website that they sell out of.

Trust me one of the questions they ask you is "Do you have a physical location?" If you say no then they will not give you a trade account. I have tried every possible way around having a physical store (except lying).
JBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2008, 19:40   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

alright no pictures, but its dubious...Capitalism is interesting

Ive noticed alot of counter strikes by merchants, some known sites also sell 40k merchandise from ebay.

in two fronts..