Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

A New Army?
Old 26 Apr 2008, 09:45   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default A New Army?

Well I currently have been using Space Marines [quite a combat force -- just look at my most recent list] and decided it's time to start a second army as I don't like collecting huge armies and also like to have 2 going at once.
The only problem is I cant decide! So I was hoping people could give their opinions on various armies so that I could decide.

But I do know some armies which I don't want to use, these being:
- Tau
- Dark Eldar

So that leaves:
- Witch Hunters
- Inquisitors
- Chaos (would have to be devoted to a god)
- Eldar
- Imperial Guard (maybe traitors)
- Tyranids
- Necrons

If I've missed any please tell me.

So....opinions anyone?

Thanks.

- Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2008, 09:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: A New Army?

You could try making a chaos daemon force: maybe all Nurgle/ all Khorne.

Real men read The Strange Gazzet! (PM me for more information)

Thanks to Jais for finding the avatar!
Commander Songblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2008, 10:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

lets see...

witch hunters- in terms of ally customization, not alot to work with. Yet customization of a pure witch hunter force is open to work. You'll be painting alot of pewter, and it seems more shooty, then choppy.

inquisitors- (or daemon hunters I presume) can be very openly flexible, numerically, or in small numbers. Youll find a grey knight army expensive in the long run, and buying imperial guardsmen as inducted troops can set you back.

Arguably if you dont play grey knights (captain, grey knights etc..) you could ally kroot in the mix with inducted guard/storm troopers, representing an inquisitor on edge.

pros-can be intermixed with space marines (arguably saving money on your initial army, giving more options)

or you could use marines as inducted

this army can be shooty, or choppy, depending on your determination of play.

Chaos

can be either expensive, or cheap(ish).

Those who play khorne will benifet from getting 12 marines for 30$ (cheapest of the cults) others will run 35-45$

a cheap side to this, you could use your space marines to represent a rogue turned warband of traitors...and fill in gaps with thousand sons, or daemon princes.

create a crude banner, and lightly glue it into the helmet crevice (enough to pull it out in other games.)

And youll not be penalized in WYSIWYG if they have bolters.

Eldar

dont have much experience here, but I know I hate farseer and banshee combos. (though they hold my marines up longer then they kill them.) wounding on 5`s still hurt.

they can be snipers, close combat delivery, or mechanized, or horde.

speed is essential. timing needs perfection.

kroot can also be played with these.

Imperial guard- arguably the most customizable force in the game, but requires a Scientology like donation.

troop choices minimize squads to 18 men, and about 5 more to act as a platoon commander.

you could use your marines as deathwatch, or play with the idea of inquisitors as allies.

you could also use kroot.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2008, 10:21   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well what I might do [thanks for all that info pepsi and Songblade] is make my current Space Marines a kind of 'we can't decided who to choose' army. Inlcude a unit of daemons and a daemon prince [for only one God though, which won't be Khorne] and then have a unit of Chaos Marines [respectively[so Emporer's Children, Death Guard or Thousand Sons]].
Would that work?
I think some people might be like, 'you can't do that!'

- Shadow

Quote:
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
Old 26 Apr 2008, 10:25   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

chaos as roaming warbands? why not?

all 4 gods could be fielded...it wouldnt be out of the question..

in fact old chaos dex...it was encouraged. Why not use your marines as traitors...

just make sense when you do it.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2008, 10:58   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yeah but I would probably only worship [at least this is what would be represented by the models] one, maybe two, Gods.
Just can't decided between Nurgle, Tzeentch or Slaanesh. I like Daemonettes buts that's all Slaanesh is. Tzeentch is just crazy which I like. But with Nurgle I could do so much converting! So I think I'll go with Nurgle =].
Thanks.

- Shadow

Quote:
Old 26 Apr 2008, 15:34   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Hahaha, trying to choose a Chaos God to start with...

I've been doing that for four months. :P

Now, if you want a FRIENDLY army, not one you would use for tournament games or what not, there are some fun options you can choose with Chaos. Possessed, Spawn, Defiler's, allying with the new demons... none of it is super competitive or TECHNICALLY allowed, but in friendly games it's a lot of fun. You can do anything you want in a friendly game.

As for choosing a god, I wouldn't be so hasty. Check the Chaos forums cuz there's a TON of information there you can look through about conversions, playstyle, and the like. Check that out before you set your mind straight before you get a bunch of Nurgle models you think you want but then change your mind on.
Old 26 Apr 2008, 15:50   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by sionnach19
Hahaha, trying to choose a Chaos God to start with...

I've been doing that for four months. :P

Now, if you want a FRIENDLY army, not one you would use for tournament games or what not, there are some fun options you can choose with Chaos. Possessed, Spawn, Defiler's, allying with the new demons... none of it is super competitive or TECHNICALLY allowed, but in friendly games it's a lot of fun. You can do anything you want in a friendly game.

As for choosing a god, I wouldn't be so hasty. Check the Chaos forums cuz there's a TON of information there you can look through about conversions, playstyle, and the like. Check that out before you set your mind straight before you get a bunch of Nurgle models you think you want but then change your mind on.
Yeah, I think I would want to be applicable for tournaments really. Ok, I'll leave the Prince for now. Just get some daemons then.
I still don't know which god to choose! Oh :-[ I'll take a look in the Chaos board [thanks sionnach].

- Shadow

Quote: