Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Bad Luck!
Old 25 Apr 2008, 18:33   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Bad Luck!

So, I'm going to a tournament tomorrow and I've been preparing for it for a week now. I just played a game with my army last Friday and all of my models were in great shape. I just opened my carrying case and I can see that everything is still fine except for one thing. The one thing that seems to have happened to everyone on this forum except for me until today, the day before the tournament.

My broadsides feet have just broken off! Clean off, I don't even know how. My case is well padded and hasn't been moved since the last time I played.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if any of you good folks on TO have similar stories so that I can feel better about this situation.
Old 25 Apr 2008, 19:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Bad Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waters
Sorry, your joke went way over my head. I'm ususally pretty good at getting them but this one is beyond me.
I think he was refering to the somewhat "intelligent" ads of TO...

Against broken BS-legs, there is only one cure: Pin those suckers. Works like a charm, and is easily done.

As regards similar stories: I once placed a duo of BS on a board edge - and, sure enoguh, I managed to topple not one, but both of them simultaneuosly... I was proxying BS with round bases with Broadsides feet on them... Luckily, they weren`t painted.

Oh, and another one: I once dropped a fully painted Nurgle chanpion on horse from a board... wasn`t mine, as well... Luckily, the owner is a great chap...

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2008, 19:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

In the last tournament I was in a guy was moving his bugs from one tabel to the next, and his board broke. All and I mean all of his models hit the concrete. It ws such a mess the guy had to drop out of the Tourney.
JBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2008, 19:27   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

I left a tank, a chaplain, and a lascannon guy at home....

Which is two hours away from the place we have tourneys.

Luckilly for my I had my terminators, and they took of the points.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2008, 19:28   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

What was he using for a board that was so flimsy?

A guy who plays in my area had a very large guard army including flyers. He was transporting it for an Apoc game in some plastic cases that are normally used to transport loaves of bread. Of course the cases are open topped, he stepped on some ice, and still his army isn't back together yet. All of it was chipped or broken in some fashion.

But you don't want to know what he does with his left...
Twiggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2008, 19:33   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

...and then there was this friend of mine who dropped a fully painted and converted Flyrant from a painting table... there were bits everywhere...

We did manage to glue him together again, and in the following Apocalypse game, he put the hurt on my friends Dark Angels, to get at least SOME measure of revenge :
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2008, 20:00   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

He was using a large sheet of Cardboard. Why he used cardboard, none of us will ever know. I hate to say it but doing something that stupid was almost asking for his army to get broken.

Old 25 Apr 2008, 20:07   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I had all my paints and a couple of WIP models in the same tool box. One of the models was going to be a games day entry. My buddy's car got broken into, and all they took was the tool box. Likely they assumed it was filled with tools. I looked everywhere for the box to have been dumped or discarded as I assumed theyd do if they realized the true contents. No luck. My buddy was out 200 bones for the window, which his insurence covered. They didnt cover the box, and because of the rain, no fingerprints could be recovered. The models couldnt be properly replaced regardless. I was almost done a huge frikkin fantasy dragon conversion/golden demon paint job, and some crack-head probably gave it to his bastard kid to shoot BBs at.
Old 25 Apr 2008, 20:41   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.Angus
I had all my paints and a couple of WIP models in the same tool box. One of the models was going to be a games day entry. My buddy's car got broken into, and all they took was the tool box. Likely they assumed it was filled with tools. I looked everywhere for the box to have been dumped or discarded as I assumed theyd do if they realized the true contents. No luck. My buddy was out 200 bones for the window, which his insurence covered. They didnt cover the box, and because of the rain, no fingerprints could be recovered. The models couldnt be properly replaced regardless. I was almost done a huge frikkin fantasy dragon conversion/golden demon paint job, and some crack-head probably gave it to his T'auk'cka kid to shoot BBs at.
I feel your pain. Just on a side note even if they did get finger prints, unless the person is in the system it does no good. My old truck was broken into 2 times and the police never catch anyone. Of course I don't think they wanted to try hard.

I also keep my army in a tool box in my garage, and my biggest fear is someone thinking its tools and they steal it.

Of course my army probly cost more than if it had tolls in it. Depending on the tools.
Old 25 Apr 2008, 21:16   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I have a few such Horror-Stories, but I have to say I have NEVER found a Figure Storage System that works as you would expect it to - EVER!

Walking down the stairs in my old house, we had just take the carpet up off them as we were having carpet fitted the next day. As I came down the stairs BOTH clasps on the Case decided to open at the same time, and my Painted 3,000 Lizardmen Army BOUNCED down the stairs shattering as it went (and that was in the days when it was mostly metal)!

Going to a BIG Game with a friend, this was in the days of Second Edition. The game was in Stafford (some 15 Miles from where I live) and we decided to stop for Lunch at a Pub on the way. When we came out, his Car was gone. Along with My Ultramarines, his Chaos and Guard Armies, a whole bunch of Terrain, Rulebooks etc . . . .

Just two days ago, my Dog (Buster) chewed the Turret off my Devilfish, ate a Smart Missile off my Hammerhead, and devoured 3 Crisis Suits too. Its not his fault, he's only a puppy (a big GIANT puppy) and he was bored. Its typical it happens AFTER GW have stopped the bits ordering, or I could have just ordered a couple of sprues to repair the Tanks. The scary thing was, the Cases they were in were undamaged - just opened.

So, I feel for you brother - I really do.
Aun El Vre is offline   Reply With Quote