Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What do you want from your $, Gamer May Cry speaking directly to GW customer.
Old 17 Apr 2008, 06:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default What do you want from your $, Gamer May Cry speaking directly to GW customer.

In announcing my business fund quest, I am conducting my research now to better situate myself when the time comes to open shop.

For now I will specialize in GW products, and in time I will diversify into various branches of entertainment.

So on that note I have a few questions aimed at the consumer.

What do you want for your $?

What motivates you to buy products?

Tell me a little about what would make you interested, in comparison to others online.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2008, 07:29   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky
Default Re: What do you want from your $, Gamer May Cry speaking directly to GW customer

I'd edit your post to add a little more information about what you're up to, if I were you. Remember that not everyone's an Enclavite and seen your thread down there. I'm sure quite a few people are scratching their heads at this topic.

What do I want for my money? A lot of models. Discounts or free shipping are always great ways to get my money. As is deals where you spend X and get this free, or spend Y and get this and that for free. So like you spend $150.00 and you get a free blister pack or spend $250.00 and get said blister and a troop box for free. I've a horrible habit of spending for more than I needed to just for some free stuff.

And I don't really know what your second question's asking, but it looks like you want to know what would make me shop with your over the Warstore and friends. Is that right? If so, good customer service is the way to net me, or offering a bigger discount along with good customer service. But seriously, if your customer service sucks, I'll gladly spend an extra twenty bucks on my order if it means I get good customer service. I find it very important.

Best of luck (again) with your business,

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2008, 09:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: What do you want from your $, Gamer May Cry speaking directly to GW customer

Good to know.

I will put that at the top of my priority list.

Another question to pose.

how do shipping charges influence your purchasing habits? if someone were to offer free shipping, would that change your opinion in anyway?

If I were to only conduct transactions though a third party system (like paypal for instance) or check, would that influence your purchase any?

---For me, my research has brought me down 5K then I expected. Reducing overhead costs. The Theory I believe is, your paying for the product not my office furniture. So if I minimize side expenses, the savings are passed on to you.
Old 17 Apr 2008, 15:56   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

There are a lot of eBay stores that operate using third-party billing services. Most smaller on-line stores use some form of third-party system to handle payment by credit card. I would have a look at some of the people operating on eBay to get a sense of what the "bare bones" operations look like. Gorilla Tactics is doing something similar to what you are describing, although I think they are going to run into trouble with how they are operating. I don't think you can get the same markdowns from GW if you are not operating a physical store.

Research is fine, Pepsi, but please don't get into actual advertising for this project outside of your signature.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2008, 18:02   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: What do you want from your $, Gamer May Cry speaking directly to GW customer.

You have a thread in the Enclave about this?
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
DELPHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2008, 18:12   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: What do you want from your $, Gamer May Cry speaking directly to GW customer.

Please keep in mind that if you planning on selling GW products that you purchase through them via a trade account, you must have a brick and mortar store.

You are also not allowed to sell online via a shopping cart. Customers must either call or email you their order. They can not choose on line like at most online retail stores. You are also not allowed to sell on ebay.

I tell you this because GW is actively pursuing this issue. In some cases they are bringing forth lawsuits against retailers.

JBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2008, 18:39   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Then I should be fine.

in fact, that was along the lines I was going to request. People are worried about credit card numbers leaking out etc...but over a third party or check source its something to consider..

I noted recently check transfer numbers..if one were so inclined they could technically open some account, but I love the fact that you would have to get a balance inquiry printed up to do it. (for instance paypal drops two ammounts into an account, to verify you would need to know exactly what those two transactions were.

so #1: Dont undersell GW too much
#2: Dont offer a shopping cart
#3: look for a web site hosting
#4: figure out how to work advertisement: is the going rate 20$ here? or a little more?

:note to the mods

I will try to respect your wishes...this could be viewed as a dubious prospect, but theres a precedent Im setting for this.

We have those among us with the same goals. if we solved this now, it wouldn't hurt.
Old 17 Apr 2008, 19:04   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi
Then I should be fine.

in fact, that was along the lines I was going to request. People are worried about credit card numbers leaking out etc...but over a third party or check source its something to consider..

I noted recently check transfer numbers..if one were so inclined they could technically open some account, but I love the fact that you would have to get a balance inquiry printed up to do it. (for instance paypal drops two ammounts into an account, to verify you would need to know exactly what those two transactions were.

so #1: Dont undersell GW too much
#2: Dont offer a shopping cart
#3: look for a web site hosting
#4: figure out how to work advertisement: is the going rate 20$ here? or a little more?

:note to the mods

I will try to respect your wishes...this could be viewed as a dubious prospect, but theres a precedent Im setting for this.

We have those among us with the same goals. if we solved this now, it wouldn't hurt.
Hosting fees vary from company to company. Are you going to build your own site, or pay someone to do it. If you pay someone most time the hosting will be included in the fee.

My wife does web design (No this is not advertising) so I will ask her what the going rates are this evening.

Its not about undercuting GW, GW does not want to support Online stores only. If you don't have an actual store front, you can be in some serious legal troubles.
JBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2008, 21:51   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Getting back to what would please your customers. I would have to say if your going to start selling GW products you will probably need to have approximately a 20% discount on almost everything. Most of the online stores that I have seen give a little more then a 10% discount on all GW merchandise. Some of the better sites offer a 20% and other incentives. The best I have seen (not mentioning any names or exact statistics to keep from advertising) offers 20% off all GW products, and if you spend over X amount of dollars they will take an additional Y% off of your order.

Having cheap or free shipping is nice, as long as the order doesn't arrive 3 weeks latter in a million pieces. I personally don't mind paying $5-$20 for shipping, depending the order.

I personally would like to see more package deals. (However GW may have something against this, I'm not sure. I just assume they do since I have never seen any special package deals anywhere other then GW's online store.) For example on top of the standard savings of buy this and get this free, or receive this much off any order of this, there could be a package deal that comes with a number of different models that are usually sold separately, that would generally be more expensive, since there is more in it then a regular box, but will save some one money in the long run. Maybe it comes with a tank, 2 troops, an elite, and a character, but only costs as much as the tank, 2 troops, and elite, the character is free. Similar to the battle forces and apocalypse packs that GW sells at their online store but with different combinations of models.
cruton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2008, 22:46   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Starter packs are brilliant ways.

Give the new ones a way to find you. Plus, they get a minimal army to start from.

1x HQ, 2x Troops, 1x Fast Attack, 1x Heavy Support and 1x Elite.

That gives a really good starting point.
executioner is offline   Reply With Quote