Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Still Trying to Choose Second Army.....
Old 31 Mar 2008, 03:48   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Still Trying to Choose Second Army.....

Well, I am still trying to choose my second army as some of you probably know. My first was Ravenwing, so I am trying to get something simlar but still unique enough for me not to get bored.

Anyways, I wrote up some simple fluff for my choices so far and I was wondering what you guys think.

Necrontyr Lord of the Thousandfold Riddle
~Atendarius

Colour Scheme: Mithril Silver, Chaos Black and Dark Angels Green or Liche Purple

Atendarius is a highly intelligent and willful Necron Lord, he is favoured by the Deciever for he can nearly go toe to toe with him in mind games.
Atendarius though still under the control of the Deciever sometimes seems to nearly have free will, it is sometimes suspected by those that have spoken to him (which is suprisingly many, Atendarius likes to play mind games with his enemies) that Atendarius is not truly under the control of the C'tan and is only biding his time, waiting to strike back against them.

The legions under his command are said to have a sole purpose of terrifing the enemy for his own amusement.

The Deciever often participates in Atendarius' battles, whether it is to make sure Atendarius does not betray him, or just to enjoy the tactics of the mastermind Necron Lord is unknown.

-----

The Chaosweaver of the Twilight Ambition
~ Vampire Lord

Colour Scheme: Chaos Black, Snot Green, Regal Blue

The Chaosweaver finds his home across Sylvania, holding severeal keeps in places such as Ghoul Wood, Grim Wood, Wolf Crag and the Vale of Darkness.
He is known to overpower other vampire's will and steal their hordes then sending them to their deaths against other undead hordes.

His true motives are unknown, but amounst those who even know of him it is guessed that he is either trying to free the lesser undead of their miserable excistence or finds pleasure in causing chaos amounst his brother vampires, or perhaps it is both.

He prefers to operate from the shadows, and no one has ever glimpsed his face and lived to tell it.

-----

Taal'da
The Preservers of Darkness

Colour Scheme: Chaos Black, Shadow Grey, Goblin Green

The Taal'da are a sept of Tau sent to prep and populate a planet, sudden warp storms killed off half the sept and trapped the rest of it on the planet for years.

Eventually the warp storms died down to reveal the planet again. Against amazing odds the sept on the planet survived and even prospered, despite how savage it was, trapped in eternal darkness.

Though seemingly civilized and incredibly skilled, the Tau of Taal'da hid a dark secret the only hint of such being their glowing green eyes.

They had made a pact with savage blood drinking beasts on the planet, lacking in technology these beasts gave a single Tau child their powers in exchange for the Taal'da to help them hunt.

This child grew at an incredible rate, becoming cunning and ruthless, leading his people to conquer the dark planet. Seeing this as betrayal the vampiric beasts cursed the Tau.

Soon they found themselves craving blood. Yet their young leader would not give up, giving into the thirst became punishable by death and their eyes began to glow an eerie green in what they agreed was their resolve.

As they were brought back into Tau society it was soon realised the Taal'da were amazing warriors, their leader earned title after title becoming a renowed commander, but his views did not align with those of the Ethereals and their blood thirst became known, the Ethereals looked at them in digust, soon the Taal'da found themselves being sent on suicide missions, yet even against all odds they would win these battles.

After one such mission it was discovered that the Taal'da had dissapeared, taking much of the Tau technology with them.

It was quickly covered up as not to cause a near uprising like the leave of Commander Farsight.

And so, Commander Da'Myr and the Taal'da sept roam the galaxy looking for their purpose and perhaps a way to stop their eternal thirsting for blood.

-----

7th Great Company
The Direwolves
~Led by Lord Commander Snow

"Winter is Coming and with it, Wolf-Time"

Colour Scheme: Skull White, Codex Grey

The great company of the Direwolves searches across the galaxy for even the smallest sign of the Wolf-Time and vows to never return till Fenris till either Russ returns or Wolf-Time begins.

They believe fiercely in honour and will give mercy to those who deserve it.

They are premarily fleet based, but seem to hold an unknown world where they get their direwolves from, said direwolves seem to be unique to them and where ever it was that they got them, much taller and larger than the average wolf, with elongated front legs and a sharper muzzle the connection they seem to hold with their companions is unprecidented.

Though organisation is similar to the normal Space Wolves, the Direwolves are not just a pack but a family.

Lord Commander (Patriarch)
-Holders of Honour, Dire Knights and Dire Seers (Grandfathers)
--Watchers of the Grey (Fathers)
---Sons of Winter (Sons)

Holders of Honour = Long Fangs
Dire Knights = Wolf Guard
Dire Seer = Wolf Priest and Rune Priest
Watchers of the Grey = Grey Hunters
Sons of Winter = Blood Claws

The Grey and Winter Vanguards (Wolf Scouts) are a special case, all Watchers of the Grey must spend a short amount of time learning the ways of the Vanguard, if they should find fulfillment in this role they shall stay there, these loners are highly respected, but because of the time spent in enemy lines and undercover they are often unconsiously excluded from the feel of family and only have eachother for brothers.

Thoughts on which army has best fluff, how to fix fluff and which army I should choose? (please note that the vampire counts would not just be FB, but a DE counts as army in 40k)

(No fluff nazis! They already maimed and burned my 'nids fluff)
Ivellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2008, 10:26   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Still Trying to Choose Second Army.....

Have you thought about choosing Dark Eldar? They can have a similar style of Ravenwing (with lots of Raiders and jetbikes), but offer that difference you want.
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote