Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Armies of the Imperium
Old 26 Mar 2008, 15:36   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Armies of the Imperium

Not sure if this is the right board for this, but I need to find a copy of the Armies of the Imperium CD. I heard that GW is not making it anymore, and Amazon is sold out. EBay does not have any either. So does anyone know where I can pick up a copy?

Rudy
you should know by now GW likes to do it backwards... "Mr. Tank driver, drive me closer so I can hit it with my sword!"
Hope. This is not a plan. This is not a solution. It is reaction.
Togashi Johnathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2008, 16:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Armies of the Imperium

If GW isn`t producing them anymore, then the ones you can buy are most probably not up-to-date - and spending money on a CD which has the armylists of yesterday is rather unnecessary...

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2008, 16:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yeah, don't bother, Army builder is pretty much the only up to date roster program that I know of. I use Roll call because it's free and I'm cheap, but it's a little difficult as you have to create your own army definition file, and it was designed to work mostly with 5th edition fantasy. Army builder is about $40 and you can get all the army files you want(I think).
Darth_Fraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2008, 16:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I've seen the CDs for sale. The data on the CDs is out of date but there are update files out there that are less out of date. They haven't updated for the new Chaos and Ork dexes and I have no idea if they ever will.

I would recommend Army Builder. It costs about the same and has up to date files available from their site. It also allows you to use it with other games systems should you ever decide to try them.
Arschbombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2008, 19:04   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Is that wolf's army builder? GW does update some, they sorta dropped off after Eldar and Black Templar but they do still think about it.
you should know by now GW likes to do it backwards... "Mr. Tank driver, drive me closer so I can hit it with my sword!"
Old 26 Mar 2008, 19:49   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yeah, it's from Wolf Software. You can try it for free. You need to pay for a license to make a list with more than 3 units or print.

I'm not sure that GW's thinking about their two army CDs. The last update is 18 months old.
Old 27 Mar 2008, 13:13   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

I've got the free download for wolf. Not sure I like it. I'll play with it some more. But I don't really care how old the updates are, If I want to play that version of the game, the updates are right up to date. Not sure I'll be buying the 5th edition. I don't play tournaments, and my friendly games are just that. But thanks for the advise!
Old 27 Mar 2008, 13:35   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well, the GW CDs aren't open to customized data. When you install them, the data is from 2003. When you install the one available patch for each you get 2006 data (new tau, new nids etc etc).

Old 27 Mar 2008, 13:36   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Melkor of Morgoth Send a message via MSN to Melkor of Morgoth Send a message via Yahoo to Melkor of Morgoth

Another option is using The Forge. It's free and, I believe, kept up to date by a Yahoo webgroup to which there is a link on the website.
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/f...284th%20ed%29/
There's the data files.

It's not as streamlined a system as Army Builder, but it's free and it works. That's what matters most to me.