What is the best race over all
Closed Thread
Old 16 Apr 2005, 04:45   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to (Your Name)
Default What is the best race over all

What is the best race over all
I just want to know some opions
Play Tau My other two friends play as sister, demon hunters, chaos space marines, and elder
Old 16 Apr 2005, 05:06   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: What is the best race over all

I'll take the question as literally as possible, that way it's not a duplicate of the 'Most Powerful Army' thread.

Going by backround detail, battlefield power, in-game entertainment value, customizability, model attractiveness, cool-factor, challenge potential, ease of collecting and modelling potential, I'd have to say Space Marines or Chaos Space Marines. GW give them the best of everything, and the clincher is how flexible their Codexes and backrounds are.

Other races exceed them in some of those areas, of course. I think that Dark Eldar have more cool-factor value. Craftworld Eldar have the most beautiful models in my opinion. Orks have extremely high entertainment value. But all these other armies all lack in some of the areas too - Dark Eldar have some bad models, Craftworld Eldar don't have as much backround detail, Orks aren't as powerful, etc.

That's my attempt at an objective view, anyway. Subjectively, I like Dark Eldar the best because they have the best fluff concept, they are unusual, they are a challenge to use. I only use the models from their range that I like (I convert the rest), so the bad models don't bother me.

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

[i]All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

- A public service clarification by the Sri Syadasti School of Spiritual Wisdom
Old 16 Apr 2005, 05:12   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

ya dark eldar are pretty cool. i was deciding between dark eldar and tau. thing that sucks you have to special order
Old 16 Apr 2005, 05:19   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

If you've already got a sizable Tau collection then I'd say branch out. If Dark Eldar were what interest you, then go for it. People will give you this and that reason why you should get something else, but ultimately it's best to go with your gut. Go for the ones that attract your attention initially and make 'em work for you.

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

[i]All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

Old 16 Apr 2005, 05:22   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

well actally me and my friend decided to do warhammer he is dark elves im high elves
Old 16 Apr 2005, 05:26   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

hey do you know what the bonded thing on tau is and also how to find my topics created
Old 16 Apr 2005, 05:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Your Name)
hey do you know what the bonded thing on tau is
It's an upgrade that helps with morale for a squad. Can't give out exact rules, it would break GW's copyright.

Quote:
and also how to find my topics created
Use the SEARCH option, the link is at the top of the page.

You can also look at all the posts you've made by accessing your PROFILE. That can be found by the SEARCH button.

Old 16 Apr 2005, 05:34   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

thanks
Old 16 Apr 2005, 09:18   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Your Name)
hey do you know what the bonded thing on tau is and also how to find my topics created
You have asked that same question twice now, and originally you were told we cannot give out much because of copyright laws, also dont double post again please, there is an Edit button on the top right of your previous post, use it next time. I also feel this is too similar to the many other threads relating to this sort of topic so this is locked now too (although thanks Grey Area for trying to make something out of this topic).

Lock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! Thatís the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
Closed Thread